Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-01 Cardinals (Carpenter) at Brewers (Greinke) -- [Brewers win, 6-2]

1992casey
  • Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want Hawkins over Saito here. He throws straighter and we can't afford to allow baserunners. Bring in Saito if you get into the middle of their order.
WHOA? Is that you?
WHOA, were you seriously comparing me to WOAH SOLVDD for making that statement? Hawkins came in only allowing 4 walks in 31 innings.

That ball is hit deeeep, way back, and tagged out by Lucroy.

Nice hustle, Albert.

Best part of that was the cards announcer saying: "brewers get a break..." as they went to commercial.

I wish I could be listening to the St. Louis feed http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

What part of Hawkins not having control makes him a good choice for inning #2?

I don't get this either. Sure you might not want to use KRod again but there are other options.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

What part of Hawkins not having control makes him a good choice for inning #2?

I don't get this either. Sure you might not want to use KRod again but there are other options.

Disregard.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Uh....so we put in JHJ as a defensive replacement...the pitchers spot is due up in the bottom of the 8th, wouldn't that have been a pretty much PERFECT spot for a double switch? Even if Hawkins gets out of this inning, that still was poor management in my opinion. K-Rod was up and ready, might as well put him in. Scoring 1 run shouldn't make a difference in a game like this.

Archived