Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-01 Cardinals (Carpenter) at Brewers (Greinke) -- [Brewers win, 6-2]

1992casey

August 1 - 7:10 P.M.

http://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/logos/cardinals.jpghttp://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/logos/brewers.jpg

57-51

60-49

Pitching Matchup

http://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/pitchers/cardinals/carpenter-01.jpghttp://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/pitchers/brewers/greinke-08.jpg

Chris Carpenter

6-7 | 3.68

Brewers vs. Carpenter
Carpenter Game Log

Zack Greinke

8-4 | 4.50

Cardinals vs. Greinke
Greinke Game Log

Starting Lineups

1. SS Rafael Furcal
  2. CF Jon Jay
  3. 1B Albert Pujols
  4. LF Matt Holliday
  5. RF Lance Berkman
  6. 3B David Freese
  7. 2B Skip Schumaker
  8. C Yadier Molina
  9. RHP Chris Carpenter

1. RF Corey Hart
  2. CF Nyjer Morgan
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 1B Prince Fielder
  5. 2B Felipe Lopez
  6. SS Yuniesky Betancourt
  7. 3B Casey McGehee
  8. C Jonathan Lucroy
  9. RHP Zack Greinke

Media Coverage

http://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/media/media-fsn.jpg

Brewerfan Game Chat

MLB GameDay 2011 | ESPN GameCast | 620 WTMJ Affiliates

Fan Sites

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is what I do with the lineup.

Hart Morgan Braun Fielder Lopez McGhee Hairston Lucroy.

McGehee is hitting worse this season than Jason Kendall did as a Brewer, would you ever suggest a lineup in 2008 with Jason Kendall hitting #6? No. McGehee is not a major league baseball player, he is just being tolerated because he is cheap for years to come and was good last year at the dish.

I would go Morgan 8, Lucroy 2, Braun 7, Fielder 3, Hart 9, Lopez 4, Hairston 5/6, Wilson 6/5 (not sure on Wilson vs Hairy at SS)

McGehee is hitting worse this season than Jason Kendall did as a Brewer, would you ever suggest a lineup in 2008 with Jason Kendall hitting #6? No. McGehee is not a major league baseball player, he is just being tolerated because he is cheap for years to come and was good last year at the dish.

I would go Morgan 8, Lucroy 2, Braun 7, Fielder 3, Hart 9, Lopez 4, Hairston 5/6, Wilson 6/5 (not sure on Wilson vs Hairy at SS)

That might be a good lineup but Roenicke would never do it.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Lucroy can't hit that high, he's a catcher, every good MLB manager knows that. McGehee and Betancourt are hot, they should be playing everyday and hitting 5 and 6 to protect Prince. We also need Corey leading off to hit those solo HR's.

That might be a good lineup but Roenicke would never do it.

I agree, just posting what I would do. I expect to see

Hart 9, Morgan 8, Braun 7, Fielder 3, Lopez 4, Betancourt 6, Hairy/McGehee 5, Lucroy 2.

Based on RRR matchup decision making,

Hairy vs Carpenter: 6 for 28, 1 2B, 0 BB, only 2 K

Casey vs Carpenter: 4 for 16, 2 2B, 2 BB, 6 K.

Probably a toss up, but since Garcia is starting tomorrow JHJ will likely debut in CF so Ill go with McGehee in there tonight

Hawing beat me to it, but I'll be at the ballpark tonight hoping Carpenter has a lot of things to explain to his son. Should be a great pitching matchup, and hopefully a great crowd that can take in a win!
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Brewers top OPS since the All-Star Break

.651 - big slick-fieldin' Casey
.667 - ye olde Wolf mound visitin Luuuucroy
.706 - "I gotta go..." TP
.721 - my ankle is feeling better every Weeks
.832 - how will you jam 56K into Miller Park when I come back interleaguin' with the Angels to get my World Series championship ring? Crown Prince
.855 - I still don't like your swing or trust you with breaking balls and would like to trade you while your value is high Hart (maybe it's just me)
.922 - YunieSKY-is-the-limit-I'm-having-fun-now B
1.068 (woof) - Mr. 2020

It's nice to see Yuni's success at the dish, and praise is due where praise it due. If you haven't seen it yet, this is well hella-worth the read... almost makes it seem like Melvin knows what he's doing.

Since we're sort of on the Carpenter/son comment...how exactly did he explain Matt Holliday's super dirty slide into second base on Saturday? Just blatantly went way out of the base line (he had to be 4-5 to the outfield side of 2b), spikes first and tried to drill Castro, who was lucky to avoid injury on the play.

Making it worse, the umpire didn't even make the right call and rule interference.

Definitely a huge series; however at this point of the year anything but a sweep won't hurt the Brewers to bad. Taking 2 out of 3 would be nice heading into another 3 game series with Houston.

Pretty even pitching matchups throughout; Brewers probably with a slight edge tonight, virtually dead even tomorrow, and the Cards probably have a slight advantage on Wed. With the series being at home I am pretty confident we can take 2 of 3.

Even though the Cards hitting is monumentally better than the Cubs or Astros I still get the feeling that the starting pitchers will keep rolling.

The Cardinals have surpassed the Cubs as my most despised team. I'm sure if the Cubs were anywhere near respectable in the standings that might not be the case. 3 things, in particular, bug me with the Cardinals:

1) LaRussa

2) Pujols' mightier-than-thou attitude and his blatant show-boating while trying to come off as Mr. Squeaky Clean

3) The fact that the Cardinals seem to pick up everyone else's retreads each year, start them, and get awesome production out of them. Do not know if any team is luckier out there than them in that respect.

Also, I liken their franchise to the Cavaliers. If they were to lose their Golden Boy at the end of the season (like Cavs lost LeBron) the franchise would tank and the aura of the Cardinals would go down the drain too.

Let's get 'em tonight.

I hate having Lopez batting 5th. There is just no power in that spot in the lineup, and that is a prime RBI spot. Switch Hart and Lopez, even if Hart doesn't like it. He is the third biggest power threat in the lineup and should not be batting leadoff.

From a Cards forums regarding the difference between the Cards and Brewers....

http://interact.stltoday....5b5c95ad47364b57eb81bb3f

My favorite lines from it...

Finally sir, what reason do we have to believe that your franchise of losers and chokers finally has the courage to stand up to our franchise of championships, pennants and success? What do you have besides blind Chicago Cub like faith? What points if any make anyone in baseball believe that this Brewers team is much different than the 12 teams before it that have never won the central?

Another great line from that article...

I don't believe the Brew Crew has the leadership

to handle a central division race against the Cardinals. I also don't

believe that Braun is a leader at all. I think he is more worried about

his stats than he is winning a game. That isn't the Cardinal way of

doing business. Also I believe Prince is more concerned about his

contract for next season than he is beating the Cardinals. Whereas,

Albert is solely concerned with winning the Central.

Archived