@Pirates (4)
-
Cubs (3)
-
Cards (2)

[-]: day off
===============

I'll go with 15-13.

Edit: I have a feeling the doubleheader at Pittsburgh will be a pivotal day in the month and probably the season. Something will happen that day that will be remembered for a long time. Just a hunch.

I'll go with 22-6. Hart and McGehee get hot, Prince will be white hot, and Greinke gets in dominant form. The division is ours for the taking!

Cards (3)

(2-1)
@Astros (3)

(2-1)
@Cards (3)
(2-1)
Pirates (3)
(3-0)
Dodgers (4)
(3-1)
@Mets (3)
(3-0)
@Pirates (4)
(3-1)
Cubs (3)
(3-0)
Cards (2)

(1-1)

Are you kidding about the records against the Pirates? 5-0 this year and have owned them for a long time. The fact that they show up 10 times more on our schedule has me drooling, not concerned. They are the Brewers of 2004. Their run was a fluke. They are in no way a legitimately good team this year. They can't hit, their pitching has massively overachieved, and they are starting to plummet as a result.

Plummet? They got swept on the road by the best team in baseball. A little early to say "plummet" IMO.

STL (1-2)

@ HOU (2-1)

@ STL (1-2)

PIT (3-0)

LAD (3-1)

@ NYM (1-2)

@ PIT (1-3)

CHC (2-1)

STL (1-1)

15-13

5 out of the last 6. Against Philly we managed to win 2 of 3 on the road, where we stink. They can be expected to win 1. Regardless of how tough the games were, the confidence hit they're going to take will spell the beginning of the end.

Karstens ERA: 2.47

Career: 4.37

Maholm ERA: 3.16

Career: 4.31

Correia ERA: 4.24

Career: 4.52

Morton ERA: 4.04

Career: 5.39

McDonald ERA: 4.17

Career: 3.99

It was a matter of time.

Seen WAY to much Pirates love, this season we have pounded them as we have for past many years, some things don't change. 5-2 is a friendly guess, thinking more 6-1

Cards 2-1

@Astros 2-1

@Cards1-2

Pirates 2-1

Dodgers2-2

@Mets 2-1

@Pirates 3-1

Cubs 2-1

Cards 1-1

17-11 High end 14-14 low end

Cards 2-1

@Astros 2-1

@Cards1-2

Pirates 2-1

Dodgers 3-1

@Mets 2-1

@Pirates 3-1

Cubs 3-0

Cards 1-1

19-9

Seems really optimistic but I like 3 of the 4 roads series. I could see 15-13 as a low end. I really like our rotation and bullpen right now.

That's cherry picking of stats in a big way. The Pirates lost 5 of 6, but 3 of those 5 were in extra innings. One loss ended with one of the worst game-ending umpiring decisions in memory.

While facing 2 of the top 3 pitching staffs in the NL over those 6 games, the Pirates scored 23 runs. The Brewers scored only 24 in the same span against the two worst teams in the NL.

The winning streak is nice and all, but Milwaukee hasn't won anything yet and no matter what happened on the road trip I'm pretty sure the Pirates aren't shaking in their boots at the prospect of playing the Brewers.

Cards (3)

(2-1)
@Astros (3)

(2-1)
@Cards (3)
(1-2)
Pirates (3)
(3-0)
Dodgers (4)
(3-1)
@Mets (3)
(1-2)
@Pirates (4)
(2-2)
Cubs (3)
(3-0)
Cards (2)

(1-1)

That gives the Brewers a record of 18-10. The Cardinals, Pirates, and Mets road games could be where this month is won or lost. I am just hoping the Brewers bats can wake up on the road and start hitting regularly on the road if not it could be a 15-13 record for the month of August. Going to be a tight race coming down to the final weeks of September.

I've been optimistic and that hasn't worked. I've been pessimistic and that hasn't worked either. At least when I've been pessimistic they proved me wrong and had winning months, so I might as well stick to that strategy.

Cardinals (2-1)

@Astros (3-0)

@Cards (0-3)

Pirates (2-1)

Dodgers (1-3)

@Mets (1-2)

@Pirates (1-3)

Cubs (2-1)

Cards (1-2)

For a total of: 13-16 for the month of August.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I'm feeling really good and am optimistic. 21-7 Domination at home and some not very scary road games.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'm gonna go the safe guess with around 15 - 13, and I think the division lead is going to stay within 2-3 games, one way or the other. I just don't think anyone in the division has the overall talent to go on a huge tear here and pull away. I think the Pirates are going to fade this month, and fall 6 or 7 back, or more, and the Reds will probably hang just on the fringe, while the Brewers and Cardinals slug it out at the top.

Archived