Brewer Fanatic

Wild Card Watch

Bernman23
Kind of ironic, but I hate all the teams in contention except for Philly. I'm not sure if it's just because they are 'good' or not, but..... I was raised to hate the Braves, hate the Cardinals for self explanatory reasons, hate the Giants because of the Posey thing and the fact that they are basically 'Cardinals West', and mildly hate the D-Backs after all the ASG nonsense. It's shaping up to be a fun October.

The Brewers, Braves, and either the Giants or the D-Backs would all have to struggle down the stretch for it to happen.

Or the Brewers play decent, but the Cards go on a Rockies-esque finish to the season to take the Central. Other than head-to-head with the Brewers, the Cards have played very well lately. Thankfully, the Brewers have taken 4-of-6 of the head-to-head games and pulled out to a five game lead. These games are fun to watch, but I won't be comfortable until the Magic Number thread shows a picture of Robert Parrish.

I hadn't really thought of this, but this is possible too I suppose. If the Cardinals were to go on a big run, say play .700 the rest of the way, it's not impossible that they could pass us, even if we played well. That could open the door for us to still get the WC, despite playing well. Not likely, but it is an option and it would be nice to pass the Braves as well and have that as a fallback option.

Both MIL and STL have 41 games left. IF the Brewers go only 20-21 (Against pretty poor competition) the Cardinals will still have to go 26-15 just to tie or 27-14 to win. If they don't take at least 4 of 6 agaisnt MIL I don't think they have much of a chance. If the Brewers can go 24-17 the rest of the way the Cardinals would have the near impossible task of going 30-11 to tie.

I am of the opinion that the Cards simply aren't good enough to go more than 26-15 the rest of the way; so long as the Brewers go .500 or better we won't have to worry about the wild card. If for some reason they do pass us while we go 20-21; 90 wins might be in the ball park for the WIld Card. Of course if the Brewers flame out and go 17-24 or something then we deserve to miss the playoffs.

Archived