Brewer Fanatic

Pirates acquire Ryan Ludwick for PTBNL

BadgerFan

He's pretty much Casey McGehee the last year. And pretty much as horrible on the road as at home. Pittsburgh did nothing to help themselves with either trade they made. They should have just stood pat and realized they are not going to be relevant much longer this year.

Community Moderator
Even winning 82 games and ending that streak of futility would be a boost to the Pirates franchise. But that is unlikely to happen, even with the new acquisitions.

If they didn't give up anything really of value, then I don't see the harm in at least trying to improve (or giving the fans that impression). I don't know how many fans have been showing up now but maybe more will do so, which would lead to more money. And who knows, maybe Lee and/or Ludwick will go on a hot streak. I hope they don't for the sake of the Brewers but as a Pirates fan, I wouldn't be upset if they didn't give up anything of value for either.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Archived