Brewer Fanatic

Cards to Acquire Furcal

Bombers
I like how all in one day Furcal isn't worth the trouble and Komatsu is nothing special. Got to love winning streaks.

I can't speak for everyone, but I've been saying both of those things for quite a while. Winning streak notwithstanding.

Yeah count me in the boat that never wanted Furcal, even if he ends up producing for the Cards it's a gamble I didn't see the Brewers taking. He's played as a shell of himself these past couple years. As far as Komatsu goes, I don't think Gindl, Schafer or Komatsu are really big league starters, so no big deal in my book. They might contribute on a big league team, but they just don't seem to have enough power to produce at the corner spots, and I think only Schafer could play CF in the bigs. But I digress, basically I'm just saying it's a good deal for the Crew to get Hairston, and I don't really care that the Cards got Furcal.

• 1 month later...
Remember, this is the Cardinals training staff. The same staff that got a guy back from a fracture in 15 days. I'm half expecting Furcal to hit .400 with 15 HRs and stay completely healthy, just because it's the freaking Cards.
this is pretty much spot-on what I told my wife yesterday.

well, looks like cwolf2012 and I were about half right about Furcal. He's hit 6 or 7 homers (including 5 against the Brewers) since being picked up by the Cards. Where did this power come from?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Furcal is just trying to audition for the Brewers to get a 2 year $14 million contract out of us

I'll take that deal assuming some of that money is in incentives for playing time. I just don't think I can take another year of Bentancourt.

He's been a HOF player against the Brewers and a AA player against everyone else. Really annoying. He's also taken away at least 5 hits from us since getting there, probably more.

Yep.

He's been better than I thought he'd be for sure, but his ability to stay on the field has surprised me most.

I think it'd take about 2/$14M to sign him, and I wouldn't be in favor of it.

Archived