Brewer Fanatic

2011-7-31 Astros (Myers) at Brewers (Narveson) - [Brewers win, 5-4]

1992casey
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, Foxtrax had it as as close a pitch as you can get. It wasn't a gift as much as it was a tough call that went the Brewers way. I think it was just a good looking pitch that deserved to be rewarded.

Counsell doing his thing. My god is he bad. I blame the Miller Park fans for this...cheering Craig like he just came back from two tours of duty in a war evert time he comes up to bat no matter how lousy he is. Of course Melvin cant cut a fan favorite...

Counsell doing his thing. My god is he bad. I blame the Miller Park fans for this...cheering Craig like he just came back from two tours of duty in a war evert time he comes up to bat no matter how lousy he is. Of course Melvin cant cut a fan favorite...
Because booing him will make him hit better?

The record for a position player is 0-46 by Bill Bergen in 1906. The all-time record is 0-88 by pitcher Bob Buhl. Counsell already holds Brewers record (Davis was 0-42).

edit: The record for lowest qualifying batting average is .139 by Bill Bergen again. Counsell is down to .147.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

The Brew/Cards thing could get testy, but I have a suspicion that there could be some stuff with Pittsburgh that might erupt as well when things get tight. Hurdle is a tough customer and I'm pretty sure that there is a reservoir of dislike for Milwaukee just below the surface in Pittsburgh. Not that there is personal dislike for any of the guys, necessarily, but Pittsburgh has to be tired of losing to the Brewers and the Brewers have to be seen as a bit more "in our way" to the Pirates than do the Cards.

Archived