Brewer Fanatic

2011-7-31 Astros (Myers) at Brewers (Narveson) - [Brewers win, 5-4]

1992casey
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, rock just said you have to figure out how to get your best players at bats, referring to cc and kotsay. My head just exploded.

Yep. I was just now able to regain conciousness, pick myself up off the floor and make my way back to the keyboard to comment on that same thing.

Problem is, Rock is really only the messenger here. The message itself has been issued loud and clear by Brewers management. It's the only rational explantion for why those guys are in there (or even on the roster).

What a joke. First, calling for the hit and run on a 3-1 count and Kotsay at the plate. Then Kotsay can't make contact leaving Hart, who suddenly runs like my grandma, a dead duck at second. Then Kotsay swings and misses a ball four. Great job with this lineup and that stupid call Ron.

Wow, rock just said you have to figure out how to get your best players at bats, referring to cc and kotsay. My head just exploded.

'Best player' means 'hasn't had a hit since about May'. You just have to figure out 'Rock-Speak'.

Did he really say "Best"? I thought I heard "Bench" but it may have been selective hearing.

How is this team better? Granted the pitching is better but not the offenses.

Great pitching > great offense.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

'Best player' means 'hasn't had a hit since about May'. You just have to figure out 'Rock-Speak'.

Did he really say "Best"? I thought I heard "Bench" but it may have been selective hearing.
I'm not sure, I'm at work, so I have the volume off. I was just responding to the post.

RR said Kotsay is in there for his bat. That says it all.

The team isn't appreciably better. They're playing the Cubs and Astros. For all the hoo-ha about have great the starting pitching has been, the sad fact is that they were below .500 on the road trip even with great pitching. Winning against bad teams is temporarily masking the same, continuing problems with the position player roster.

RR said Kotsay is in there for his bat. That says it all.
Kotsay >>> Morgan? Huh. Gonna have to add that one to the list........

Opened up a pouch of Starkist hickory smoked tuna creations to make a tuna sandwich. Watched an inning. Went back to make my sandwich. Cat ate tuna http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Settled on a hot pocket for lunch.

21 strikes and 2 balls for Narveson.

With the lineup the Astros are sporting, there's no reason to not absolutely pound the strikezone. Now, granted, there's more to it than just saying "I'm gonna throw strikes", but I'm sure a guy like Narvy is confident against a lineup like this that he can go out there and throw his pitches and not worry about nibbling much.

Opened up a pouch of Starkist hickory smoked tuna creations to make a tuna sandwich. Watched an inning. Went back to make my sandwich. Cat ate tuna http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Settled on a hot pocket for lunch.

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/3760/jimgaffigan2.jpg

I'm not sure. I had the volume kinda low, but I heard best. Maybe he meant bench or best bench, which would make more sense.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Archived