Brewer Fanatic

2011-7-31 Astros (Myers) at Brewers (Narveson) - [Brewers win, 5-4]

1992casey
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The record for a position player is 0-46 by Bill Bergen in 1906. The all-time record is 0-88 by pitcher Bob Buhl. Counsell already holds Brewers record (Davis was 0-42).
No he doesn't actually. They found out that Davis was hitless in his last 7 ab's of '03. So it was actually 0 for 49 and not 42.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

The record for a position player is 0-46 by Bill Bergen in 1906. The all-time record is 0-88 by pitcher Bob Buhl. Counsell already holds Brewers record (Davis was 0-42).

1906!!!! Not too many records in baseball that are 105 years old. At this point he may as well try to try it.

Formerly Andersoc420

No he doesn't actually. They found out that Davis was hitless in his last 7 ab's of '03. So it was actually 0 for 49 and not 42.
Well the article I was reading mentioned 0-42 and Haudricourt tweeted it earlier also. Haven't checked since then.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Well the article I was reading mentioned 0-42 and Haudricourt tweeted it earlier also. Haven't checked since then.
McCalvy tweeted the correction earlier.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

McCalvy tweeted the correction earlier.

According to baseballreference, Davis also had an 0-46 streak from 06 until 10. I wouldn't count that though since he played for the DBacks in between stints.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Ill pretend that throw didnt happen
I think it was just a case of trying to make something out of nothing. It was a low outside pitch that made it hard for Lucroy to catch and throw cleanly. I think the runner would have beaten it, anyway. Lucroy was just rushing it on off chance that somehow he'd have a chance to throw him out.

KRod I thought you would be money there since it really felt like a bottom of the 9th save
I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

Archived