Brewer Fanatic

2012 Brewer Bobblehead speculation thread (Luc, Yo, Morgan, Italian, Ueck, A-Ram)

TURBO
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just curious, why does it make sense that the 2nd sausage in the new series is the Italian?
Doesn't make sense that the Hot Dog is first either. Should go Brat, Polish, Italian, Hot Dog, Chorizo. Now that would make sense.

this.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

#6 = Ramirez.

Do you think they ever ask the fans what bobbles to do, do you think they even put any thought into it at all?

Braun MVP, K-Rod and Marcum should have been automatics. Lucroy and Ramirez could have been done next year. Uecker has been done before, could have done him at a later date too.

Oh well, at least we aren't getting a Yuni B...

ramirez makes sense because there is 0% chance he won't be on the team in september. Marcum, Greinke, KRod, could be dealt if the brewers are not in the race. I am sure they didn't do a Braun MVP due to the pending appeal process. If they produce 50K bobbleheads and there is a re-vote, it would be bad.

Yes, but my point is this.

What brewer bobble collector doesn't want a K-Rod or Marcum? Both are probably gone after this year, and both were a big part of our success last year. Early on in this season was the best time to do their bobbles just in case they get traded.

Why not do something like this, the 1st 3 bobbles are of the guys that could be gone at some point this season, probably at or near the trade deadline:

April 22 - K-Rod

May 13 - Marcum

June 10 - Morgan

July 1 - Sausage

July 29 - Gallardo

Sept. 16 - Ramirez

Next year, you do Lucroy, Uecker, another sausage and 3 other guys.

I'm just saying, as a fan, I like getting the players that have made a difference in Brewer history as bobbles. The fact that we have bobbles of Suppan, Kendall, and several others that were just players we had to put up with is sad when we have guys like Marcum and K-Rod who will never have a bobble in a brewer uniform.

Had they put some thought into it, asked fans via poll, they could have had a much better line-up than they did. Nothing against Lucroy and Uecker, but Lucroy will be here next year, where Marcum and K-Rod will likely be gone... We already have a Uecker, so there is no urgency there.

What they really should do is just ask me every year what bobbles to do.......THAT would make me very happy!

http://www.ezboard.com/intl/aenglish/images/emoticons/wink.gif

i agree, that your schedule is better, my only point was it seems that minus the 40th anniversary year, where the brewers did no current players, the brewers of late give away a bobblehead of their biggest off season acquisition (Hoffman, Grienke, Ramirez)

The real question now that they didn't do K-Rod or Marcum is who will be the bobbles next year? I suppose they could throw out another Weeks and probably Gamel assuming he keeps his job. But then who else besides the sausage? Assuming we don't end up re-signing Marcum that is, otherwise he'd be an obvious choice. They're basically left with Gonzalez and Gomez, unless they start repeating guys right away. Guess they could do a Roenicke or something to take up a spot.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

With Ueckers more recent health issues, this year is a better choice. No one knows if he'll be in the booth next year or not. Obviously, you pray he will be, but it's not a given.

As far as "Brewers that made history" the lasting result on Marcum is that he's the guy that pissed away the playoffs for us. I'm glad that Braun didn't get one to be honest. He has two already, and since these are promoted to kids as well, they shouldn't promote "making mistakes."

I've written to the Brewers the past two years with suggestions (mostly to get rid of the retros, and if they choose to do alternates, to mix up the other jerseys. I've never seen a team that lost a championship so celebrated.) Also to give them away during the week, since they'll sell out or come close to it on weekends no matter what. I got a reply last year, not this year.

I still think they shoulda had the 10 year anniversary of the All Star Game with Bud Seligs shoulders shrugged, and a 25th anniversary of "Team Streak" with a Juan Nieves no hitter bobble.

In my opinion, they shoulda dropped it from 6 to 3 years ago. But whatever, flood the market, it'll be like the 1990's baseball card collapse of Milwaukee.

Bikeage... you have to realize that this is a sponorship deal. The sponsors want their name out there in as many different hands as possible. The Brewers would probably do a bobble for every game if they could get sponsors to pay for it. In reality, the weekend games, especially Sunday day games, are the most attended family day there is.

I get that...BSC, there's just other all fan giveaways to be had. Anyone would take a Brewers shirt with whatever sponsors logo on the sleeve, or the back...I know none of us on here will change anyone's minds in the promotional offices. They know that people collect all of these, they also know that there's tons of fans that are happy having one or two sitting on their desk at work.

"All fans will receive a collectible Bob Uecker Bobblehead, featuring the current Brewers radio broadcaster in Milwaukee Braves catching gear. "

Saw this on another bobble site, haven't checked into it yet to see if it was accurate, but if so, this is COOOOOOOOL!

Had I known this is what was planned for the Uecker bobble, I wouldn't have slammed it earlier...

I wonder if there will be an alternate version?

Has anyone seen any other photos of this year's bobbles other than the Lucroy and Gallardo?

Based on the promo schedule, looks like only the four players will have alternates. Lucroy, Gallardo and Ramirez will have retro pinstripe uniforms. Morgan's alternates will be posed giving the "T" sign, while the regulars will be in a batting stance.

I have a feeling that the Morgan alternate is gonna be an expensive one to come by.

I was thinking the exact same thing, if you aren't lucky enough to pull one yourself on game day, I would bet that one will be pricey on ebay, and probably even on this board if people are lucky enough to get more than one... It will probably be silly, especially since there will more than likely be 5000 of them, just like all the other retros, so it won't be anymore rare, just popular.

I don't mind an alternate if it is a different pose like the Morgan, but the constant overkill of the retros is getting old. I wish I would have stuck to my original plan years ago and not worry about the retros and alternates, just collect the regular versions...

I have a feeling that the Morgan alternate is gonna be an expensive one to come by.

I was thinking the exact same thing, if you aren't lucky enough to pull one yourself on game day, I would bet that one will be pricey on ebay, and probably even on this board if people are lucky enough to get more than one... It will probably be silly, especially since there will more than likely be 5000 of them, just like all the other retros, so it won't be anymore rare, just popular.

I don't mind an alternate if it is a different pose like the Morgan, but the constant overkill of the retros is getting old. I wish I would have stuck to my original plan years ago and not worry about the retros and alternates, just collect the regular versions...

Your prophecy on the Morgan alternate is just like the 2006 Younts. All 3 versions have the same print run, but the powder blue always sells for more.

Are you saying that there will be the same amount of both Morgans produced?

If so, that I can live with...

If there are 20,000+ of both poses, it shouldn't be that tough to get them both.

Archived