Brewer Fanatic

2012 Brewer Bobblehead speculation thread (Luc, Yo, Morgan, Italian, Ueck, A-Ram)

TURBO
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Nyger and Yo are givens. I'd like to see LuCroy too. If they do a sausage, that is fine. At this point, I think less is more with bobbleheads, they are running out of players and then we have Jeff Suppan bobblehead day. I long for the days when you got something useful like a lunch cooler, seat cussion, or umbrella instead of just giving out bobbleheads

I've said for years now that they give out WAY too many. More than every other team most years. They have repeated players, they have given out Wolf, Kendall, Suppan etc, as well as now redoing sausages. It's just a joke and I honestly and running out of room. Plus the quality of them these days compared to the first couple years is very, very poor.

The Giants give out the most bobbles per year, but we are close...

I agree, giving out 7 different bobbles (not including retros and the stitch -n- pitch) is too many, they start to get watered down, and we get guys like Kendall, Suppan, Wolf, etc...

We just finished the sausage set in 2010, and they feel the need to start it right back up again with the pink bat hot dog? OVERKILL! (I am asuming that they will continue the new sausage set, with each of the others promoting a cause of some sort, or breast cancer) Why don't they do a mini chorizo to finish off that set???????? Why?

Don't even get me started on the stupidity of the beer vendor bobbles...

I also don't like the fact that they feel the need to do a retro of all the players along with the regular version. Just too darn many to keep up with.

Less is better than more in the case of bobbles, but they must think that bobbles sell tickets, and to that extent, they are probably right. Now, looking at this from the point of a little kid, I'm sure that kids love getting a bobble, and most probably don't feel the need to collect the entire set like the adults with the bobble sickness do. A free bobble to a kid on game day is just one sweet bonus!!!!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I know there are for sure six all-fan bobblehead dates. My guesses:

Gallardo

Marcum

Braun MVP edition

Sausage repeat

Something to commemorate 30th anniversary of the 82 team

Something really stupid/Jose Reyes or some other FA they get

Wouldn't be surprised if they do something heavy with the 82 team and all or most of the bobbles are throwbacks. It's a way they can avoid doing all of their current players in too short a time period.

If there are 6 all fan giveaways, there will also be another stupid beer vendor (which won't be stupid if it's Iceman, which I doubt), and a Stich N Pitch.

Gallardo

Marcum

Morgan

Sausage

Lucroy

Braun

Can't really imagine anything else at this point. Unless they decide to do a retired player.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, if we do end up keeping K-Rod now that he accepted arbitration, odds are he will get a bobblehead. Better do it early in the season, he may be traded at some point.

1. Gallardo

2. Braun MVP

3. Morgan/Plush

4. Racing Sausage

5. K-Rod

6. Marcum or Lucroy? My guess would be Marcum, can save Lucroy for 2013...

1. Gallardo

2. Braun MVP Aramis Ramirez

3. Morgan/Plush

4. Racing Sausage

5. K-Rod (If we still have him on opening day)

6. Marcum or Lucroy? My guess would be Marcum, can save Lucroy for 2013...

• 1 month later...

at first i thought it was identical to jason kendall. then i went and looked at it, and there's some differences. it looks pretty good.

still praying there isn't a retro. even if they do an alternate (which I'm not a fan of either), i hope it's a navy or gray uni.

I hope the actual bobble looks that good. There have been way too many bobbles lately that ended up looking like "generic baseball player". That Lucroy actually does look like him.

my wife and i were just talking about how crappy the bobbles have been the last couple years- they look nothing like the player. they have gone down hill since the 2007 series.

Agreed, but this one (Lucroy) actually resembles him facialy...

I too hope there are no retros/alternates, but I think that is a given... I am just running out of room for these little buggers.

Archived