Brewer Fanatic

2012 Brewer Bobblehead speculation thread (Luc, Yo, Morgan, Italian, Ueck, A-Ram)

TURBO

Always fun to kick this around.  Might be a little early to start thinking about next year's bobbles, but still fun none the less.

My guess:

1.  Gallardo - A lock.

2.  Marcum - Another lock.

3.  Lucroy

4.  Nyjer Morgan -  Alternate being a Tony Plush Gentlemen's bobble instead of the typical pinstripes

5.  K-Rod if he stays, highly unlikely

6.  Sausage

Also wonder if they will have something special for the 30 year anniversary world series team...  Maybe full size bobbles of Simmons, Moore, Sutton, Caldwell, Oglivie, Kuenn, Vukovich and Money.

Oglivie absolutely deserves one!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My biggest hope is that the bobbles get a little more creative in design. Many of the bobbles from the last coule of years have seemed to be to be very unimaginative and lacking much detail. I swear Lucroy is the model for the mcgehee bobble.

I'm not gonna think about the 2012 ones yet...I do think it'd be worth it to write to the Brewers and tell them to mix it up and upgrade the quality a bit...I really don't wanna see another retro bobblehead ever...I liked the alternate navy jersesys way more...

My biggest hope is that the bobbles get a little more creative in design. Many of the bobbles from the last coule of years have seemed to be to be very unimaginative and lacking much detail. I swear Lucroy is the model for the mcgehee bobble.

I agree with this 100%. The last couple of years the quality has really dropped. They've started making them super cheap and super generic. The McGehee bobblehead looks nothing like him and most of the bobbles are virtually identical, just with a "similar" face of the player it's supposed to be.

I know they won't do this, but I would much rather get 2-3 higher quality, creative bobbleheads rather than 5-6 crappy ones.

• 1 month later...
Another one I would like to see is a Bob Uecker. They have not done one for him since 2001. He needs another.

That would be cool, but would probably pale in comparison to the one the Admirals put out earlier this year. Favorite bobble in my meager collection.

Gallardo, Marcum (assuming he doesn't get traded), and Morgan are probably locks for next year. Maybe Lucroy gets one as well.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

• 2 weeks later...

yup, I think Braun gets another one:

1. Gallardo

2. Marcum

3. Braun

4. Nyjer Morgan - Alternate being a Tony Plush Gentlemen's bobble instead of the typical pinstripes, possibly in a tux?

5. Lucroy

6. Racing Sausage

--------------------------------------------

7. Sausage Stitch-n-Pitch

8. Another lame Miller Beer Vendor

I like that 1-6 line-up to be honest, except for the racing sausage. Since they did a hot dog this year, I'm pretty sure they are going to continue the set.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• 5 weeks later...

1. Nyjer Morgan (beast mode)

2. Yovani Gallardo

3. Jonathan Lucroy

4. Bud Selig

5. Miller Keg Vendor

6. Racing Sausage

one of these years might we see a bonnie brewer, wendy selig-prieb, diamond dancer, or morganna the kissing bandit!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived