Brewer Fanatic

CM Punk; WWE Has Me Hooked Again (2011 Official Pro Wrestling Thread)

BrewCrewForever
  • Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they are planning on turning Miz face.

I hope someone can elevate Cody Rhodes, but didn't they try to get him over big last year at Wrestlemania with Mysterio and it flopped? Maybe he's just always going to be a solid mid-carder. Granted, they wasted a lot of time with that stupid mask on him.

No, they are turning Truth face, because Vince apparently thinks he can market Little Jimmy merchandise to kids. Miz is staying heel and is heading back to the title picture to feud with Punk. Also, I think if anyone can help Rhodes get over it's Booker. I think he'll do a great job.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Exactly, it's incredibly stupid. But Vince gets what he wants. He's all about making money on merchandise, which is why Cena will never turn heel. Basically since Truth failed his drug test, he had to turn him or Miz heel, and he chose Truth because he thinks little kids will like him more.

I think Miz could do great as a face, and it would be pretty fresh. I can't see any way that Truth is going to move a ton of merch - and I am guessing they already sell a ton of those "I'm Awesome" shirts and would even more if Miz was a good guy.

Punk vs Miz would be a good WWE Title feud. Perhaps that will start after TLC PPV or maybe going into that PPV.

I read that tonight on Raw is going to be the last appearance by John Morrison. His contract is up and they are not renewing it. Shame, thought that guy had some real talent. Still remember him when he was on Tough Enough (season 2 I think?)

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

He had the talent, but he was a big problem in the locker room. Rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. That usually doesn't get you very far. It was mostly because of Melina, and she was shown the door first. I think we'll see them both in TNA before too long. Rumors are that they want them as a couple and will use Morrison as the new face of the X Division.

The other big problem is that the guy has zero in the way of mic skills/charisma.

I'm a huge Morrison fan but yeah he just looks uncomfortable when he's on the mic. And in the WWE, mic skills are much more important than actually being able to wrestle.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

I think he's pretty excellent as a wrestler, but his gimmick is lame. Hopefully he ditches that and goes for something else in TNA. No more slow-mo camera work on his entrance would be good.
Yeah, the slow mo thing was pretty lame. Was always a little awkward on the mic, but dude could work a match.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Decent Raw tonight.

- Ziggler got a big win over Orton (Although not clean).

- CM Punk- DelRio match was good.

- Piper's Pit was pretty interesting. WWE is toying with us. We all want Cena heel but I really think they are just messing with us. And they got Cena out of the way right away.

- Sucks seeing Swagger as a complete jobber now. Dude has a lot of in ring talent.

- The Daniel Bryan segment with Cole I thought was good. I actually like Cole and his character (just not in the ring). However I thought the stomping on Henry's foot was kind of stupid looking.

- You can tell they are ready to push Miz again. Sad to see Morrison go, Good in ring worker though. And he will be missed.

I really do think that WWE could get away with turning Cena heel. I think they could turn Miz face, and he and Punk could sell a lot of merchandise. I'd love to see Cena turn on his fans and just become a whole new character. I'm just so sick of his character. I think he could be really good back in a heel role, and it's not like it would have to be permanent. If it failed, Vince could always flip him right back. I don't think it would be hard at all to turn him face again.

I loved that they made Miz a little more mean/badass last night. They need strong heels, as most of us have said in this thread already. He had a great night.

Punk/Del Rio was really good, and I'm not really a Del Rio fan at all. I thought that DQ = title change stip added some nice psychology to the match. Punk is just really superb. He looks like he definitely can be the #1 face now if they ever do turn Cena. It was one thing to get the pops he got from the smarks/older fans at MSG, but it's another to be as over as he is everywhere else.

I liked how Ziggler won, since it wasn't totally due to the interference. He needed to get that one back from Orton since he got squashed by him at SS. They just need to get him off Ryder and get him onto real feuds. Probably have him get accidentally screwed by Vickie in a match with Ryder, and have him flip out on her to make her sympathetic. Maybe have Ziggler really intimidate her before Ryder, or even maybe Swagger (who could then be a face?) step in to save her. Commentary needs to be really good to accomplish this because of how negatively people view Vickie, so they need to get JR back into the booth to get that over. The commentary is so awful right now that they really need to change that if they ever do turn Cena to make sure it goes right. Cole and Booker T are the biggest offenders. Doesn't help that Lawler doesn't seem to really care anymore, either.

I actually thought this was a pretty good Raw.

Contrary to my claim that I am fully satisfied by watching Raw and Raw alone, I did tune into Smackdown tonight, and thought it was pretty good.

It seems as though they shoot it with tighter camera angles, so you don't really see what's coming next. The Mark Henry/Daniel Bryan match was treated very much like a sports event, which added to the drama.

And despite the lisp, Cody Rhodes is great on the mic. He's a terrific bad guy.

Not sure they had 2 hours of content tonight, but parts of it were good.

Whats everyones take on the twitter promo thing getting hacked the last 2 weeks? I'm curious to find out who it is or what it means on the 1st RAW of 2012. My guess is, its Chris Jericho's return.
Jericho said he is not coming back, i think its too early for the taker to come back, and they are running seperate promos for masked kane. i think and hope its someone new.

Whats everyones take on the twitter promo thing getting hacked the last 2 weeks? I'm curious to find out who it is or what it means on the 1st RAW of 2012. My guess is, its Chris Jericho's return.
Jericho said he is not coming back, i think its too early for the taker to come back, and they are running seperate promos for masked kane. i think and hope its someone new.
From what I read, Jericho said he will never "wrestle" for WWE again. Which was meant to be a joke since WWE superstars "entertain," not wrestle. Not that I'm saying it's him but I don't think that statement should exclude him.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Actually, there are reports that it is in fact for Jericho. However, they may not be able to come to terms in time, in which case they'd just use it for Taker or someone else.
i don't really read too much online, but the one site i visit had this report a few weeks back

link

I also don't think its the taker, they can't every year run a few promos and parade him out as a "surprise" every year before Wrestlemania.

Archived