Brewer Fanatic

CM Punk; WWE Has Me Hooked Again (2011 Official Pro Wrestling Thread)

BrewCrewForever
That segment to end Raw was pure gold. Loved every minute of it. The beauty of it is that this feud is just getting started. HHH and Punk are just so good that I want it to go on forever. I just hope they don't do something to screw this angle up.

Which means it will end next month. I read that WWE is shortening feuds because they think the attention span of the average fan now is a lot shorter. I think that's stupid. One of my favorite feuds was Sting v. the nWo where Sting went an entire YEAR without saying a word or wrestling in a match.

I still think Cena/Punk should've lasted at least another month or two. But HHH/Punk could be solid if they keep Nash out of it.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That segment to end Raw was pure gold. Loved every minute of it. The beauty of it is that this feud is just getting started. HHH and Punk are just so good that I want it to go on forever. I just hope they don't do something to screw this angle up.

Which means it will end next month. I read that WWE is shortening feuds because they think the attention span of the average fan now is a lot shorter. I think that's stupid. One of my favorite feuds was Sting v. the nWo where Sting went an entire YEAR without saying a word or wrestling in a match.

I still think Cena/Punk should've lasted at least another month or two. But HHH/Punk could be solid if they keep Nash out of it.
My thoughts exactly. Just hope that I'm wrong and it keeps going for awhile. Also, Nash is supposedly filming a movie and not allowed on WWE TV. So I would think he won't be involved. At least for awhile anyway. Could be wrong though.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

I just figured it out. HHH and Punk have a long, brutal match... HHH puts Punk in a submission move...

... and then Stephanie comes down the ramp with an official and orders the bell rung even though Punk didn't submit, just like Vince did to Brett. Stephanie gets her revenge for Punk insulting her, Punk gets "over" by getting screwed, HHH stays as the COO, and the angle continues.

Loved when Punk said "This isn't CM Punk talking to Triple H, this is Phil Brooks talking to Paul Levesque." He knows how to blur the line so well, makes you think that there is or at least might be real animosity and truth to everything he says. Really considering getting NOC just for this match.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I just figured it out. HHH and Punk have a long, brutal match... HHH puts Punk in a submission move...

... and then Stephanie comes down the ramp with an official and orders the bell rung even though Punk didn't submit, just like Vince did to Brett. Stephanie gets her revenge for Punk insulting her, Punk gets "over" by getting screwed, HHH stays as the COO, and the angle continues.

They tried to do a Montreal Screwjob at MITB with Cena/Punk but Cena didn't let it happen. I guess I wouldn't mind if it happened this time. Then again, I could easily see Punk winning, HHH stepping down, and Stephanie and/or Laurinaitis turning on HHH and taking over as COO. I could even see them saying that Punk was in on it all along and having him side with the new COO. That would be awful but that is kind of crap WWE does now.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Not only did they let HHH win (and probably ends that feud), they also have Kevin Nash come in and actually attack BOTH men. So now what? Nash comes back, HHH is ticked at him and Punk is as well after he cost him the title before. You can't have the three of them in a feud, it just doesn't work, especially because Nash is old, can't talk or really wrestle any more. This makes absolutely no sense to me. All the momentum they had with Punk from a month ago is completely gone. Oh, and the Hell in a Cell PPV is in 2 weeks already. How can they possibly build this all up for that already? Stupid WWE.

reports online is that Nash was actually injured last night which means they couldn't even use him any more in this fued. CM Punk winning could have moved this fued along so much better and they could always give Triple H the COO position later. Its not like stipulations ever last forever in the WWE.

I don't understand this booking at all. Really made no sense at all. Having Nash attack both of them was stupid. Either have him attack one or the other, or don't have him appear at all. I think HHH had to win to keep the COO position, but it shouldn't've happened this way. I have no idea where they're going with this. Maybe a triple threat HIAC match? That would be pretty dumb, but we'll see.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

I'm thinking it will just be a one-on-one HIAC to prevent any outside interference and then maybe they'll move on to something else after that. I don't mind HHH getting the win because I like him in the COO position. I'm hoping Punk gets the win in the next one but that they somehow keep HHH in that COO role. I still think they'll end up having either Stephanie or Laurinaitis take over that role.

Well they just announced a Triple Threat HIAC in two weeks with Punk/Cena/Del Rio. HHH & Punk still talking conspiracy. It looks like all the storylines could be tying together.

RAW was great tonight I thought. Triple Threat Hell In The Cell Match will be good. Zack Ryder getting over Dolph Ziggler was entertaining. Honestly can't wait to see what happens with Miz/Truth being fired tonight. I do see some more "firings" coming in the next couple weeks or maybe even Friday on Smackdown.
One Stop Shop For Cell Phone Accessories. Like US On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MR-Wireless/233579846693356

• 2 weeks later...
It is storyline.

Honestly, I'm really enjoying this. Punk is doing a great job of toeing the line between "real" and "fake". I really think this will ultimately lead to Vince being brought back because HHH is too focused on Punk and let's everything else come apart.

I'll

refer to my previous post. The Miz/Truth attack is furthering along

the fact that Triple H has no control. He's too focused on Punk and

eventually someone is going to come in and take his job. Vince most

likely, Steph maybe.

Not going to say I called it but...

welcome Vince McMahon back to your TV's next Monday night because I called it.

Archived