Brewer Fanatic

CM Punk; WWE Has Me Hooked Again (2011 Official Pro Wrestling Thread)

BrewCrewForever
Nash wants his hair gray, and likes it that way. He pleaded not to dye it, but Vince made him. TNA wanted him to dye as well, but he just flat out refused and wouldn't do it. I'm sure he'll get it professionally dyed now that he's gonna be on TV more. Probably was a last minute dye job.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps they realized that, and that's why at the end of the show they said it'd be Punk vs. HHH. It's awkward to even watch Nash walk to the ring. Can't imagine what he'd look like wrestling.
Probably like Great Khali, except slightly more agile and charismatic.

Thoughts on the RAW/SmackDown supershow concept? I kind of liked having two separate shows which meant I could ignore SmackDown completely. I may still do so, but if nothing else it does give a few more options for matches.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

don' t think it was due to crowd reaction

company officials did plan for Nash to wrestle at Night of Champions, however those plans were scrapped after Nash’s recent visit to Pittsburgh for his physicals. While details are still sketchy, something about what the doctors observed made WWE decide against having him work a full match, even with a seasoned performer like Punk, who could take the majority of the bumps

link

Well, apparently Nash has been released. Nash posted on his twitter that he passed his physical but couldn't come to terms financially. So they go from ruining a great Cena/Punk feud, to setting up a terrible Nash/Punk feud, to a mediocre HHH/Punk feud. If this isn't storyline, WWE really dropped the ball by not thinking this thing through fully. If there was any indication Nash wasn't going to be there long-term, they should've kept the Cena/Punk thing going for another couple months.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Punk is still hitting it out of the park, they better not royally screw it up and have Punk lose to HHH. Punk needs that win, HHH does not.

But then HHH steps down as COO, which again, would be getting rid of a good angle prematurely. Although now that HHH is wrestling (he said when he took over that he wouldn't get involved in matches), I guess it would be pointless to keep him in that capacity. Overall, Creative has definitely dropped the ball since MITB/SummerSlam. They probably think they are doing Punk a favor by using him against "legends" like Nash/HHH but now he's just playing third fiddle. I could eventually see a Nash/HHH feud which would just be awful.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

This has the potential to be a huge, long-running angle. I could also see Vince getting involved in the future. I like the idea of HHH and Nash teaming up and running the show, and then Vince coming back and combating them with his own posse led by Punk. That would be pretty cool. I read that Nash is gone because he has to film a movie though and can't be involved in WWE, so his involvement might not come as quickly as some think. Could be a couple months down the road now. Until then they could have someone else return and cost Punk the match at NOC. We'll see what goes down.

http://video.foxbusiness....triple-h-talks-business/

So far, it looks like HHH is making the correction decisions in his role as Director of Talent Development. In the clip above, he talks about WWE actively scouting for new talent, which is something I think they should have been doing a lot more of years ago. Both Brock Lesnar and Shelton Benjamin were scouted by the WWE, and they turned out just fine. Not sure why they went away from it.

It sounds like they are going to be scouting wrestlers from other promotions, instead of waiting for the wrestlers to come to them. Watch out Ring of Honor and Dragon Gate USA. Sign your top guys to contracts, or they may get snatched away.

http://video.foxbusiness....triple-h-talks-business/

So far, it looks like HHH is making the correction decisions in his role as Director of Talent Development. In the clip above, he talks about WWE actively scouting for new talent, which is something I think they should have been doing a lot more of years ago. Both Brock Lesnar and Shelton Benjamin were scouted by the WWE, and they turned out just fine. Not sure why they went away from it.

It sounds like they are going to be scouting wrestlers from other promotions, instead of waiting for the wrestlers to come to them. Watch out Ring of Honor and Dragon Gate USA. Sign your top guys to contracts, or they may get snatched away.

I remember back in the early 2000s when they actually did tryout matches or whatever on Sunday Night Heat or Velocity. Remember seeing local guys like Ken Anderson, Dino Bambino, CM Punk, etc. Before they were even signed with the WWE. Don't get much of that anymore other then seeing them as security guards, when the did the Masterlock challenge, just standing around backstage, etc.

One Stop Shop For Cell Phone Accessories. Like US On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MR-Wireless/233579846693356

That segment to end Raw was pure gold. Loved every minute of it. The beauty of it is that this feud is just getting started. HHH and Punk are just so good that I want it to go on forever. I just hope they don't do something to screw this angle up.

Archived