Brewer Fanatic

CM Punk; WWE Has Me Hooked Again (2011 Official Pro Wrestling Thread)

BrewCrewForever
Yeah, TLC was very average just like many PPV's. The only PPVs that are ever good are Wrestlemania, Summerslam, Royal Rumble, Elimination Chamber, MITB, and sometimes Survivor Series. And those aren't always good either. I just hope Elimination Chamber is good because I'll be there.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope the WWE Network is good. I certainly want to watch it, and I am curious what package, etc. it winds up in on DirecTV. I don't expect it to be good, but one can hope. As long as they realize that the people who watch that network want to see wrestling, and not reality shows or wrestlers attempting to act, it could be alright. Obviously their library is ridiculously huge. However, I am sure they will spend some months wasting their time showing HHH movies.

The company is loaded with in-ring talent. The problem is that the writers suck. I can do without Air Boom, but I really never care that much for pure babyfaces like them. It's too bad they have no one for Beth Phoenix to wrestle until Kharma comes back, because she is awesome. Kelly Kelly can't even run the ropes.

I am becoming a bigger Cody Rhodes fan by the week.

I'm cool with the Broski because he earned it, and the match with Ziggler was good for both of them.

I guess I am cautiously optimistic? I'm guessing they will screw it up soon enough, most likely with how they do the Daniel Bryan title reign.

Tonight's main event of Raw was awesome. Punk/Bryan/Ryder vs Ziggler/Miz/ADR. Awesome 6 man tag match, excited for the direction WWE is going. But like Brett said, they have tons of in-ring talent. Vince and the writers have to get behind them and let them work and give them good storylines. For once, actually build a story and feud and quit booking on the fly and changing everything last minute all the time.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

For whatever reason I am a sucker for a good Rumble match. Probably because I was 13 for the '98 Rumble when Austin won and that I used to rent the '92 Rumble when I was a kid.

I wasn't actually watching for this year's, which I am glad.

I've never liked the idea of the winner of the RR to go on to Wrestlemania for the title because it eliminates all but about six guys from winning. No chance for any shocker. The one thing I do like is that every year there's one or two guys in the Rumble that come out of nowhere or are signed from another promotion (last year - Diesel, Booker T, etc.). Anyone have any bets on who that will be this year?

If they are going to link the RR to WM, then I think they should link Survivor Series to RR. Have the traditional SS 5-man tag teams, with the winning team's survivors automatically entered into the RR. That would add some excitement to the SS.

I hear you on that, but wasn't Del Rio a surprise winner? Like I said, I wasn't watching around the time he won, so I don't know how he was being built at the time. I think the reasoning for doing it back in the day was to help get the concept of the Rumble being "every man for himself" over.

I am hoping that Sean Waltman makes an appearance. I also hope whichever guy isn't the "1/2/12" guy between Taker and Jericho is in the Rumble - or that they both are.

Archived