Brewer Fanatic

CM Punk; WWE Has Me Hooked Again (2011 Official Pro Wrestling Thread)

BrewCrewForever
  • Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why would the WWE or Jericho ruin the whole point of the hacking Twitter feed on the screen and tell us "yes, it's Chris Jericho"? Just because these guys say something on Twitter or to other wrestling sites doesn't make it true about returning or not. The video is for Jericho, he has signed with the WWE, WWE is doing what they can to get attention on Twitter, so they are using that for his return. Undertaker returning at the beginning of January would be a waste unless he's in the Royal Rumble match.
One Stop Shop For Cell Phone Accessories. Like US On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MR-Wireless/233579846693356

So, does this mean Jericho/Punk at Mania?

He definitely should be a heel... I would think/hope everyone agrees on that.

I would assume so, unless they use the whole storyline of Orton putting Jericho on the shelf. Otherwise Punk vs. Jericho would be amazing. Both guys mic skills are great, both are great in the ring and its a match we all wanna see.
One Stop Shop For Cell Phone Accessories. Like US On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MR-Wireless/233579846693356

I watched some ROH shoot stuff with Raven the other day and there was some "best of ROH" type footage included at the end of the show and it made me curious about the company.

So... for those of you who have watched a lot of it, what event do you recommend that I start with? From all the way back - like when Punk, etc. were there. It looks like some real, quality wrestling.

I was thinking back to the very first indy show I ever went to today. I found the lineup from that show on Smart Mark Videos website that has all the indy shows and such on there.

Well anyways heres the card from MAW:

1. Old School Express (Rasche Brown & Jason Dukes) vs. Dysfunction & Ken Anderson

2. Dino Bambino vs. Adrian Serrano

3. Sherri Martel vs. ODB & Dana Darling

4. Colt Cabana vs. Chuck E. Smooth

5. Ian Rotten vs. Corporal Robinson

6. Axl Rotten vs. CM Punk

If I only would of known then of the greatness of everyone on this card that they have today.

I was thinking back to the very first indy show I ever went to today. I found the lineup from that show on Smart Mark Videos website that has all the indy shows and such on there.

Well anyways heres the card from MAW:

1. Old School Express (Rasche Brown & Jason Dukes) vs. Dysfunction & Ken Anderson

2. Dino Bambino vs. Adrian Serrano

3. Sherri Martel vs. ODB & Dana Darling

4. Colt Cabana vs. Chuck E. Smooth

5. Ian Rotten vs. Corporal Robinson

6. Axl Rotten vs. CM Punk

If I only would of known then of the greatness of everyone on this card that they have today.

Stacked card, wow.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Raw... pretty weak, IMO.

- First, I hate triple threat matches, which they always throw in to headline off-brand PPV's. They are almost always a mess.

- Sucked to see Daniel Bryan get squashed. No one wants to see Del Rio in main events. He doesn't draw money. Look at the Vengeance buyrate. I can understand putting the belt on him for the Mexico tour, but otherwise he should just be a solid upper mid-carder that goes for the IC and US belts.

- Disappointed that Cena had to help Ryder get his shot and then win the match for him, even though I am glad he's out of the main event.

- Kevin Nash is jacked like a mother. I love the wellness policy... The squash/slegehammer stuff was cool, though. I still don't care to watch him try to wrestle HHH, though. Even though they are buddies and can probably work something of a decent match.

- Though I was hoping that Ziggler could get in the main event at TLC, I liked that the US title actually got a prominent amount of time. That and the IC belt should be made legitimate again.

- In all, TLC looks pretty ho-hum right now. There's certainly no way Punk can lose, which makes for another quite boring main event.

- I hope Punk blades at TLC. Someone needs to bleed.

I agree, the TLC match would've been better as a one-on-one, but oh well. The booking of Bryan continues to baffle me when he's seemingly in line for a push soon. Don't really care about Cena, just glad that Ryder is finally getting the shot. That match might steal the show. Nash/HHH will suck as expected. It does seem like the US and IC titles are becoming relevant again, which I agree is great for the company. TLC does look very average, but it has some potential so we'll see what happens. I think Rhodes/Booker will end up on the card too, which will be interesting. And there's no way Vince let's anyone bleed. That won't change as long as WWE is PG.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

In ladder matches I tend to prefer either one on one, or lots of people like MITB or the tag team ladder matches they used to have. I don't think 3 with make a big enough difference. If Cena was included, and it was 4, that might've mattered. I wouldn't've minded a 5 or 6-way match though.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Smackdown...

- Cody Rhodes is a better commentator than Booker T.

- The Wade Barrett push seems to be working. I like the stuff happening with he and Orton. Hated that Ziggler had to get put through a table, though.

- Daniel Bryan is old school and awesome. Love that he is actually selling an injury. Also, Michael Cole does need to go away.

- Is Ryder actually over?

- DiBiase is just lost.

- Mark Henry is so good as a monster. Plus, I love that entrance song. I know some don't like the feud with Big Show, but I do. There won't be any five star matches, but the psychology of the feud is solid. Also, love Henry selling the injury. Does Smackdown just have writers that understand how this stuff works that much better than Raw does? Or just better workers?

- Good show.

I watched some ROH shoot stuff with Raven the other day and there was some "best of ROH" type footage included at the end of the show and it made me curious about the company.

So... for those of you who have watched a lot of it, what event do you recommend that I start with? From all the way back - like when Punk, etc. were there. It looks like some real, quality wrestling.

Sorry, I missed this. Ring of Honor was at its best in 2005. Their roster was stacked. At one point or another in 2005, the ROH roster consisted of: CM Punk, Colt Cabana, Samoa Joe, Jack Evans, Homicide, Bryan Danielson, Nigel McGuiness, Brian Kendrick, Jamie Noble, Austin Aries, Jay Lethal, Alex Shelley, Christopher Daniels, Low Ki, plus many more. I'd start there. The Ring Of Honor DVD Joe vs. Kobashi (10-01-2005) is a must watch.

A couple random thoughts: Is anyone here playing WWE '12? I'm enjoying it a lot. The Road to Wrestlemania can drag on for awhile, but I really liked the Jacob Cass storyline. Man, I miss WCW. If anyone plays online with the PS3, feel free to send me a friend request. I'm at: silly_penguin_

Finally, I always knew the WWF had racist tendencies (Booker T vs. HHH feud, every black wrestler dying their hair blonde, a female valet with the name Sapphire, etc.) in the past, but the Jive Soul Bro video is one of the most blatantly racist things I have ever seen. I won't link to it here, but go on Youtube and search "Jive Soul Bro full version." You'll be sickened.

Well, another pretty mediocre PPV. They are definitely making the right call moving them to the WWE Network, because I can't imagine many people bought this.
And those getting excited about the DB title win must not remember that this is the time of year Vince always plays around with new champions/angles and rarely sticks with them past the RR.

Speaking of the WWE Network, that is going to fail big time and might bring down a big chunk of the company with it. I can see a lot of guys getting let go in 2012. No way it has enough clearances to have a successful launch in 4 months. They have no plan for it, and no idea how to get anyone beyond the (small) hardcore wrestling fanbase to want to pay for it.

Archived