Brewer Fanatic

Brewers get Felipe Lopez from Rays for cash; UPDATE: Lopez to Milwaukee, Eric Farris back to AAA

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I'll consider the trade Nievas for Lopez in my head. Yes, we win that one.

We got him for $1? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

He actually crossed my mind when Weeks went down. Of course, so did Ray Durham...

No doubt Patrick. Rosenthal reports on Twitter that the Brewers are doing background work on Furcal. I don't think they're done by a long shot, but Lopez fills an immediate need and provides a decent upgrade to our bench once Weeks does come back. I have a hard time seeing Counsell sticking with the club the rest of the year, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did stay with the team based on the decisions made by this staff to this point.
Follow me on Twitter

I searched for NFM and concluded that it stood for Nebraska Furniture Mart.

Is there any source for this news?

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

No doubt Patrick. Rosenthal reports on Twitter that the Brewers are doing background work on Furcal. I don't think they're done by a long shot, but Lopez fills an immediate need and provides a decent upgrade to our bench once Weeks does come back. I have a hard time seeing Counsell sticking with the club the rest of the year, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did stay with the team based on the decisions made by this staff to this point.
The Weeks injury likely bought him some time until the rosters expand on September 1. If another infielder is added, no doubt he should go. Maybe he'll get 'hurt'. I wonder if the Brewers would protect him from the 0-47 record if he gets close- a la Royster protecting Jose K from the whiff record. Fans need to start bringing countdown signs to the games or something.

Is there any source for this news?

I have to watch the WGN feed, and they announced the move.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Archived