Brewer Fanatic

2B Eric Farris called up from Nashville -- Big League debut for 25-year-old 2007 4th round pick

Invader3K

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get these people calling into WSSP. Eric Farris is the right defensive move. Ummm, do they not realize Counsell can play good defense while not hitting.

Sorry just super frustrated with Melvin at this point. Good luck to Taylor Green in New York. Like I said, if this team doesn't win the World Series Melvin needs to move on for mortgaging our entire future.

I don't get these people calling into WSSP. Eric Farris is the right defensive move. Ummm, do they not realize Counsell can play good defense while not hitting.

Sorry just super frustrated with Melvin at this point. Good luck to Taylor Green in New York. Like I said, if this team doesn't win the World Series Melvin needs to move on for mortgaging our entire future.

At this point though, one's got to think that some of Melvin's aggressiveness is encouraged by Attanasio and his desire to win. Since Doug is the one making the moves he deserves the majority of the credit/blame; I just happen to think that Mark A. encourages it. To what degree is anyone's guess, but he encourages it none-the-less.

At this point though, one's got to think that some of Melvin's aggressiveness is encouraged by Attanasio and his desire to win. Since Doug is the one making the moves he deserves the majority of the credit/blame; I just happen to think that Mark A. encourages it. To what degree is anyone's guess, but he encourages it none-the-less.
While that may be the case, it is Doug's job to explain why we shouldn't mortgage our entire future. It is like my millenial generation, everything is wanted now with lack of future thought.

Did I miss something? Why are you all saying Taylor Green to the Mets?
While it usually isn't safe to assume, we are with the Eric Farris call up. There really isn't any reason to bring him up over Green at this point which is leading many to believe he is a PTBNL for the Mets. If Farris is a defensive move then you might as well just start Counsell since neither can hit.

I think Farris is just a temporary move until they complete a deal for Carroll (hopefully) or Barmes to play 2B. Unfortunately it probably means they'll stick Counsell out there again. Ugh! Farris is better offensively than Counsell by a long shot, but Roenicke has blinders on.

Farris is already on the 40 man and Green is not. That may be a factor too.

Right, but when you've got a .500-something OPS, bad defense 3B at the MLB level, and a .950-ish OPS, better defense 3B/2B in AAA, you don't trade the AAA guy. They made a list of five players for the Mets to choose from, why couldn't it have been a list of four players not including Taylor Green? Plus, if the Mets haven't jumped on Green by now, the other players on the list must be as good as Green, so it certainly isn't the list of mid-tier, probably never make the majors prospects Melvin made it out to be.

I hope Farris does something good in the majors, but he certainly isn't the one who earned the promotion. At this point, he's probably best served as a defensive replacement / pinch runner. We really need Weeks to heal quickly and hope one of our three terrible backup IF can get hot for two weeks.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Hes the player to be named later for K Rod so he cant be called up.
Stating this as fact is incorrect. It would correct to say: many here are speculating that Green is the PTBNL in the KROD deal due to the fact that he wasn't called up to replace Weeks.

I don't think Farris being recalled has anything to do with Green other than the Brewers being enamored with Farris, which they always have been.

But you all are only assuming that Green is the PTBNL. I completely understand the logic of the assumption, but if we gave up a guy like that to a team who was desperate to dump KRod, I'm not going to be happy.

Did I miss something? Why are you all saying Taylor Green to the Mets?
While it usually isn't safe to assume, we are with the Eric Farris call up. There really isn't any reason to bring him up over Green at this point which is leading many to believe he is a PTBNL for the Mets. If Farris is a defensive move then you might as well just start Counsell since neither can hit.

That's all this is, is wild assumptions by everyone here. Everyone also thought Green was going to the Indians for CC as well and that didn't happen. Just relax. Green is also much more of a 3B as opposed to a 2B, so that might be a factor as well. I am assuming nothing, and will bet that come seasons end, Green is still a Brewer. Melvin did say that it wouldn't be any of their top prospects going in the Krod deal.

it could just be that Green only has 28 games at 2nd base and Farris is their full time 2nd baseman. Hopefully this is a temporary move, and is a stopgap before a trade is made. I agree that the move doesn't make much sense though.

Community Moderator
Alternate theory: Maybe they are trying to avoid starting the MLB service time clock on Green? If he is only going to be up in the majors for 2-3 days before a trade is made, why not get an extra year of arby by waiting to call him up in 2012.

Archived