Brewer Fanatic

Predict Zack Greinke's Final 2nd Half Line

Maybe Weeks injury has me digging deep for some optimism, but I am absolutely thrilled with Greinke's performance in his three starts since the All-Star Break

His Counting Stats thus far:

1st Half 74.1 IP 77 H 45 ER 16 BB 99 K 5.45 ERA 1.25 WHIP

2nd Half 19.2 IP 13 H 2 ER 5 BB 24 K 0.91 ERA 0.91 WHIP

With 57 games left, Zach should get 11 games (66 IP). If we say 2 runs per start (3.00 ERA), Zach has the potential to drop his ERA to 3.88 with a stellar 2.52 ERA in the second half

With 57 games left, Zach should get 11 games (66 IP). If we say 2 runs per start (3.00 ERA), Zach has the potential to drop his ERA to 3.88 with a stellar 2.52 ERA in the second half

I'd guessing closer to 75 IP and a 3.2 ERA but yeh, I think it should be a great second half for him.

I was very nervous there for a while; but Grienke has definitely turned me around. I was very skeptical of him at first but I will happily eat crow if he keeps this up

Just wish he could get some more outs early in the counts so he can ruitinely get deeper into games

I'd imagine he'd keep pitching the way he has and post a low 3 ERA like his peripherals suggest but who knows since ERA fluctuates so wildly over half a season. He has been one of the better starters in the NL this year even if the ERA is high.

• 3 weeks later...
ERA down from 5.66 to 4.50 in just 4 starts. Imo this is the beginning of that really dominant stretch I've been waiting to see Greinke go on.

This prediction is looking pretty solid as of right now. Made July 28th and he has made 5 starts and his ERA has dropped another .6 points to 3.92

Made July 28th and he has made 5 starts and his ERA has dropped another .6 points to 3.92

His last 8 starts have been so consistently good. And he even mentioned, postgame, that he didn't pitch as well as his final line suggests. I don't think he's overly arrogant or hard on himself, but he's just legitimately good enough that he expects to be able to dominate in any given start.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Made July 28th and he has made 5 starts and his ERA has dropped another .6 points to 3.92

His last 8 starts have been so consistently good. And he even mentioned, postgame, that he didn't pitch as well as his final line suggests. I don't think he's overly arrogant or hard on himself, but he's just legitimately good enough that he expects to be able to dominate in any given start.

I actually said that in the in-game thread. I said Greinke had been so good lately that last night was kind of a ho hum start to me.

Yesterday, from McCalvy:

As Zack Greinke sees it, the National League Central is the Brewers’ to lose.

A 3-1 win over the Dodgers on Wednesday was Milwaukee’s 19th win in 21 games, following a familiar formula of quality start, one clutch at-bat and spotless relief. It preserved Milwaukee’s seven-game National League Central edge over the Cardinals, who also won Wednesday. The rest of the division sits at least 12 1/2 games back.

“It’s definitely not locked up, but if we continue to play well, it should happen,” Greinke said. “It’s on us, mainly. We have to do as good as we’re doing or close to that, and at least make it as tough as possible for other teams. It is ours to lose I think, as of right now.”

I like.

it's been so much fun to watch Greinke get better and better and better with every single start. we wondered what was going on in May, but all of a sudden you look at his stats now and you realize that he's the same pitcher that he was in 09. scary how good his numbers are right now and they don't even represent how good he's been for us the past two months. bonus that he'll be hitting his stride come October and shouldn't be fatigued by a long season yet.

Phillies have no chance.

Although Bill Schroeder usually isn't good for much, he has pointed out in the last couple starts by Greinke that Zack was basically using just two pitches (FB and slider) in those first couple months worth of starts and was getting knocked around because of it. Now he's finally using all of his pitches and having a lot more success. Though he always seems to leave a FB right down the middle late in the game which irritates me. Gallardo does that too though I suppose. Good to see what the real Greinke looks like though.

scary how good his numbers are right now and they don't even represent how good he's been for us the past two months.

Since the start of July (last 9 starts): 59.1 IP (~6.2/start), 46 H, 20 R/14 ER, 17 BB, 71 K, 2.12 ERA

His ERA over his last 8 starts is a ridiculous 1.69.

Rotation's individual ERAs heading into 8/18:

Gallardo: 3.55

Wolf: 3.30

Marcum: 3.50

Greinke: 3.92

Narveson: 4.49

Archived