Brewer Fanatic

Wil Nieves to Braves for $1; remains in AAA as depth only

jmeks23

This must mean McCann is really hurt
Almost my exact first thought.

I suppose having Wil behind the plate is better than having no one at all (since the umpires tend not to want to catch pitches).

Bye, Wil. Thanks for being around while Lucroy healed...I guess.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Well, given that the Brewers still have an outside shot of catching the Braves in the wild card race, this is like a double win for the Brewers. I'm always curious to know how much cash comes in these deals. I mean, who in their right mind would pay for Wil Nieves? That would be like my garbageman paying me for the opportunity to take my garbage.

Wil, I appreciated that you were far, far better at baseball than I'll ever be.

That said, this was the first image that popped in my head:

http://mlblogssnaggingbaseballs.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/storage2.jpg

So what this tells us is that those $30 Wil Nieves tees in the team store are approximately 30 times more valuable than Nieves himself was?

This reminds me of when a kid would lose his lunch money at school and you'd just give him a dollar so he can have some lunch. Braves lost a catcher, we gave them one to balance out their roster.

Safe travels to Wil. I imagine he wouldn't have been as maligned had Randy Wolf not been so insistent about not being on the same field as Jonathan Lucroy, causing Wil to start every 5th day.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

There are way too many balls in that bag for this trade to be fair for ATL.

I never use the term "lol" because I'm not a 15 year old girl, but when I read this I actually did laugh out loud because it's exactly what I thought when I saw that picture.

that has hurt the ego, i don't remember anyone being sold for a dollar
Kris Draper was traded from the Winnipeg Jets to the Detroit Red Wings for a dollar in 1993. Draper went on to play over 1000 games for the Red Wings. So, based on that deal I'm guessing the Braves expect Wil Nieves to hit .350 next season.

Archived