Brewer Fanatic

2011-07-30 Astros (Happ) at Brewers (Gallardo) - [Brewers win, 6-2]

I signed up for a fantasy sports site where you can play daily games for free (you can pay, too, but I think I'll pass on that). I did a salary cap game today against five other people (each player has a salary and you have $100K to spend). I loaded my team up with Brewers - Hart, Braun, Fielder, Lucroy, and Gallardo - worked out very nicely. Who would've thought that Braun would be the weak link?

I'm playing Jemile Weeks, too.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator

Jimenez to the Indians? Wow.

Who would have thought that the Indians would have gone from crowds of 8,500 listless fans in April to purchasing Fukudome and Jimenez at the deadline?

At least it didn't say Unknown on the big scoreboard. THAT would have been funny. Let's go Loe give the big boys another night off. I'd also consider giving Lucroy a day off tomrrow but I know that won't happen.

At least it didn't say Unknown on the big scoreboard. THAT would have been funny. Let's go Loe give the big boys another night off. I'd also consider giving Lucroy a day off tomrrow but I know that won't happen.

Lucroy went 3-4 tonight and just had a day off yesterday. Not sure why you would want to sit him tomorrow.

He taken a beating tonight and it is a day game after a night game. I like Lucroy and value him being there for the team at the end of September. I would be one of those managers that would really be careful with my catchers though. Hopefully come September he can get some full days off with Rivera's potential call up.

Hearing Derrek Lee is close to returning to the NL Central. The Pirates making a deal for him.
Good. Then again, Overbay has been terrible, so I guess I'd prefer they keep him.

WMLW means my-eyes-bleed. It's the functional equivalent of watching a game through the privacy glass in my shower door.

I'll keep complaining until I don't have to, or I'm dead, whichever comes first.

It looks worse than ever tonight. Looks zoomed in, stretched out and of course, grainy.

the bad part is, later tonight I'll watch Quick Pitch on MLB Network and they'll show it in crystal clear HD. And not the Astros feed, either, but the Brewers version.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I can't even count the number of times this year we've seen runners thrown out at either 2nd or 3rd on cutoffs on throws to the plate. You teach little leaguers to never make the last out at 3rd base........why is that so hard for these guys to understand?
thank you . . . I was swearing the same thing to the TV and my wife gives me this look and tells me, "okay, relax!" I understand that the pitcher spot is up next but come on, he's already in scoring position if he just stays there.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Prince's HR reminded me of another famous bomb to right. I will always remember this HR for as long as I live, my buddy and I were thinking of bailing early but the Brewers chipped at the lead in the bottom of the 8th, then as we watched from the first base ball line on the second deck, Adam Dunn did this.

The Other Bomb

I can't even count the number of times this year we've seen runners thrown out at either 2nd or 3rd on cutoffs on throws to the plate. You teach little leaguers to never make the last out at 3rd base........why is that so hard for these guys to understand?
thank you . . . I was swearing the same thing to the TV and my wife gives me this look and tells me, "okay, relax!" I understand that the pitcher spot is up next but come on, he's already in scoring position if he just stays there.
The pitchers spot being up next is another reason why he should have stayed at second, not that Yo needs clearing.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I think it was ok for Jon to try to take 3rd. If the throw isn't cut off, he strolls into 3rd. If it is cut off, there is 0 percent chance Yun-E is called out at the plate. I think that was what he was thinking.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived