Brewer Fanatic

2011-07-28 Cubs (Wells) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers win, 4-2]

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So who do we got fir the back of the pen if we get to that? Axford and KRod for three straight days?

BA said yesterday that Roenicke was going to use KRod to close if one is needed and have Axford rest. Yeah it doesn't make sense but RRR thinks Axford isn't as durable.

It's possible it was his way of saying "I don't mind overworking our half year rental but our franchise closer, different story"
Bingo!

It's actually laughable how bad Counsell is right now. Feel a little bad for him but then I remember hes won a couple World Series and is probably set for life. Retire mid August Craig. You can stick around as a veteran coach or something .

^What? --referring to the guy made the comment about his dad

Knocking on wood here guys but this bullpen is ....holds breath as McGhee makes the play.....

ok this bullpen is really good. only a lefty replacing Dillard away from being about as good as one can ask. Overworking K Rod would be a mistake too though.

20-1 > 15-6

I think his point was that having a very good records vs a couple of bad teams and a mediocre record vs the rest of the league doesn't mean a team is not a legit contented for the post-season.

Then again, the '08 crew had 90+ wins if I remember correctly. There's no way PIT does that this year.

Just got caught up to live on the DVR. A couple things:

1) I think Prince played that Campana dribbler fine in the first inning. If he charges that hard, it's going to be a tough feed to Marcum, based on the angle and speed Prince would be moving.

2) No problem with Prince trying to score on Yuni's double. Both Byrd and Castro played it very well. Sometimes outs happen. It was just a good play by the defense.

3) Len and Bob have been fine today. They have nothing to talk about - the game has been kind of boring and the Cubs stink. I thought it was funny when they were chuckling at Marcum's fidgetiness. I hadn't noticed it until today, just a few innings before they talked about it. His uniform looks like he's a position player who's been on base every AB.

20-1 > 15-6

I think his point was that having a very good records vs a couple of bad teams and a mediocre record vs the rest of the league doesn't mean a team is not a legit contented for the post-season.

Then again, the '08 crew had 90+ wins if I remember correctly. There's no way PIT does that this year.

I agree, the rest of my post didnt post. I did edit it. I basically wrote that they would need to win 28 of 47 to get to 90 or go 25-22 to get to 87. Which would give them a shot to win the division. I just dont think they get 25 wins with the schedule that they have to play.

Archived