Brewer Fanatic

2011-07-27 Cubs (Zambrano) at Brewers (Greinke) - [Brewers win 2-0]

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't have a problem using the backup catcher...but to bunt when there's a guy like carroll or wilson on the bench? just seems odd.

Bunting there isn't terrible, and going with LHer to try and disguise it sure, but your back up catcher and only real power threat?

well, i guess wanting to have carroll ready to pinch hit for morgan if they brought in a lefty makes sense. still don't get why you don't have wilson bunt instead of kottaras.

Kotsay's only role should be ABs like that

I don't have a problem using the backup catcher...but to bunt when there's a guy like carroll or wilson on the bench? just seems odd.

Bunting there isn't terrible, and going with LHer to try and disguise it sure, but your back up catcher and only real power threat?

exactly. i don't have a problem with bunting. personally i wouldn't do it, but i think that 90% of managers would...it is what it is. but using the backup catcher (even if he wasn't the best power threat on the bench) instead of wilson is just puzzling.

Bucs pitchers continue to defy sabermetrics: Braves had 11 hits through 9 and only managed one run. Maholm had 8Ks.

I don't get it; Maholm was awful the last few years.

Formerly Andersoc420

Just saw this pic. Not for the weak of stomach. I would not expect to see Weeks back anytime soon. Im pretty sure thats his ankle where an ankle has no business being.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/357613323.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1311820818&Signature=7c4ZWXIuHgtI%2BjgjrFwJ5xRWDqU%3D

How can BA say Zack didn't have his dominate stuff? 6.2 IP 3H 9K 0 RUNS looks pretty dominate to me. Nibbled a bit and ran the pitch count up, but his stuff looked great.
3 walks, and he had a few innings where he really struggled with location. His stuff has been better in other starts this year, but luckily tonight, the mistakes weren't getting hit very hard. Only one I can remember is the Pena double off the wall that was nearly another HR surrendered to a LHB.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived