Brewer Fanatic

2011-07-27 Cubs (Zambrano) at Brewers (Greinke) - [Brewers win 2-0]

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Based on the description by Uecker and contributors here it sure sounds like an Achilles injury. With his heal on the ground and foot reaching for the bag, I can't imagine that being a sprain. Ankle sprains are almost always the result of rolling to the inside or outside of the foot and it doesn't sound like that's what happened. Uh oh..

Based on the description by Uecker and contributors here it sure sounds like an Achilles injury. With his heal on the ground and foot reaching for the bag, I can't imagine that being a sprain. Ankle sprains are almost always the result of rolling to the inside or outside of the foot and it doesn't sound like that's what happened. Uh oh..

he rolled onto the outside of his ankle really really hard as well. it could really be anything, most of which are not very good.

Having a guy who is 0-36 behind Fielder would normally be cause for concern, but it's okay, Jerry Meals says it's safe.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Community Moderator

I would be shocked if there is no damage based on that last angle.

But now is not the time to give up on the season. I still like the Brewers over the Cardinals/Pirates, even without Weeks.

he rolled onto the outside of his ankle really really hard as well. it could really be anything, most of which are not very good.

Well then it sounds much more like a severe ankle sprain. Hopefully it isn't worse, he'll at least be back sometime this year if that's it.

Counsell is awful and we have 0 good backup infielders.

It won't happen, but it's time to trade Prince and K-Rod.

give me a break...thats ridiculous.
McGehee/Counsell/Yuni infield? And we're going to beat the Phillies?

Community Moderator
McGehee/Counsell/Yuni infield? And we're going to beat the Phillies?
Last I checked, the Phillies were in the NL East. There's no guarantee that the Brewers see the Phillies in the playoffs, if that's what you are referring to.

Not to mention that there are 4 days left to make a move.

How could you come to a conclusion on the injury based on what Ueck says right now? At this point in time even the medical staff is just making an educated guess. Won't know much except speculation until an MRI.
I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

Alright I am going to talk myself into Rickie's injury being not that bad. You know when you watch football and the guy just looks like he blows out his entire knee but then comes back a week later....kind of the ones that look the worst aren't typically....that kind of thing. I don't think it was achillies related. They did nothing with the back of his leg and in my limited experience witnessing achillies injuries the people who suffer them are in horrendous pain. Rickie looked hurt but like he could tolerate it.....but then again the guy did get drilled in the face and come back one day later. Why does this poor kid have such poor luck....by all accounts he is the hardest worker on this team....he deserves some better luck. Oh yeah, and if Starlin Castro wouldn't be so bad defensively he wouldn't have had to go like that at the bag. That was a very routine play that Castro made difficult.

Well then it sounds much more like a severe ankle sprain. Hopefully it isn't worse, he'll at least be back sometime this year if that's it.

I'll be happy if it's just a severe ankle sprain, even if it kept Weeks out around a month.

Archived