Brewer Fanatic

2011-07-27 Cubs (Zambrano) at Brewers (Greinke) - [Brewers win 2-0]

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What has happened to Morgan, he is in a deep slump.
If you wanna call 1-13 a deep slump then sure. But he's 16 for his last 52. That's .307. He's not anywhere close to a slump.
He was hitting around .350 at the all star break, his BABIP is still a very high .386, he's due for some regression unfortunately. He's been about a .300 hitter most of his years in the majors though so it's not crazy to think he can finish the year around .320 in a good luck season and platooning against good pitching matchups.
I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

Is it just me or does Greinke seem to have problems finishing off hitters?

I feel like he gets guys in to 2 strike counts and then they foul off a ton of pitches and his pitch count gets up there because of this.

Verified Member
Zack has a case of the YoGas today. Nibble nibble.
At this point I think I'd rather watch Zack nibble than serve meatballs. Although as has been stated, he's been pretty good for the last month+ outside of that crazy NY start.

Greinke's gotta be careful with the meatballs tonight. As I'm sure Rock will remind us 17 times in the 1st inning, the Cubs ambush fastballs, and he was leaving them over the plate in Chicago and got rocked.

OTOH, look at Fielder's slash line vs Z. Wow. I predict he snaps out of the homer-less funk tonight.

Props man.

Verified Member

I feel like he gets guys in to 2 strike counts and then they foul off a ton of pitches and his pitch count gets up there because of this.

It's hard to say that the guy who leads the league in K/9 has trouble finishing guys off.

That happens at times, but given his high strikeout rate, it's hard to say he struggles to finish off hitters.

Archived