Brewer Fanatic

2011-07-26 Cubs (Dempster) at Brewers (Narveson) - 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2]

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it just me or do the broadcasters go out of their way to highlight every little thing McGehee does well? For some reason calling that hit a triple is grating on me and I shouldn't even care.

You mean like that "outstanding" play he just made for the first out in the 9th?

Was a pretty nice play though, to be fair.

Is it just me or do the broadcasters go out of their way to highlight every little thing McGehee does well? For some reason calling that hit a triple is grating on me and I shouldn't even care.

You mean like that "outstanding" play he just made for the first out in the 9th?

I thought that was a relatively tough play - a ball that has definitely eaten him up many times in the past

they changed the fukudome groundball in the ninth from an error on weeks to a base hit. Make it an error at first so ax doesn't get any earned runs....but then once he gets out of the jam take away the error to help out rickie. nice home cooking there.

Just finished watching on the DVR. Nice win.

As for McGehee's decision on the throw home, yeah, he probably should've stepped on third, but it's a tough decision to make that fast (although one could argue that he should have a plan in his head beforehand). If he takes away the force at home, he can't afford a bad throw, even if it's one that Lucroy can still catch. Plus, there's a chance that Lucroy doesn't know he needs to make the tag (though it appears he was going to make it) and he could get blown up by Soto. So, yes, I think McGehee should have stepped on third, but it's not some egregious error or something.

As for Weeks struggling, I will say that this game, his first strikeout looked like the product of a huge strike zone - it seemed to me that two of the strikes should have been balls. His last strikeout was just really good pitching. Say what you want about players swinging at "bad" pitches, but the pitches he whiffed on in that AB were just great pitches. Looked like strikes coming in, then dove down. I've said it before: whenever a player makes an out, it's not always some epic failure by him - often times it's just a good job by the pitcher.

Archived