Brewer Fanatic

2011-07-26 Cubs (Dempster) at Brewers (Narveson) - 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2]

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He hasn't been that bad. He had a couple bad games in a row now, but he's had a handful of multi-hit games off the top of my head since the break. Not to mention winning one game with a bomb.

Weeks has to be sub .200/.300 ob since the break. Small sample but it's not like he's just hitting into poor luck either. He's fouling off/swinging thru more good pitches to hit than anyone besides Casey. Definitely would like to see him leadoff again and see if that wakes him up (not to mention I don't think he's a middle of the order guy...poor situational hitter).

Is it just me or do the broadcasters go out of their way to highlight every little thing McGehee does well? For some reason calling that hit a triple is grating on me and I shouldn't even care.

No it's not just you. He's definitely a favorite of Brian and Bill. And the media apparently, who somehow voted him team mvp last year. He's supposedly a really nice guy, but holy crap does it bug me too.

IIRC, they were not nearly as sympathetic to Hall's season long struggles or Weeks' early in his career.

Community Moderator
Is it just me or do the broadcasters go out of their way to highlight every little thing McGehee does well? For some reason calling that hit a triple is grating on me and I shouldn't even care.
I think it goes both ways--you could certainly argue that online posters are too hard on McGehee and go out of their way to point out every little thing he does wrong.

The spotlight is on him, that's for sure.

Weeks has to be sub .200/.300 ob since the break. Small sample but it's not like he's just hitting into poor luck either. He's fouling off/swinging thru more good pitches to hit than anyone besides Casey. Definitely would like to see him leadoff again and see if that wakes him up (not to mention I don't think he's a middle of the order guy...poor situational hitter).
Since the break he's hitting .220/.319/.439/.758. A player like Weeks will have quite a few stretches like that in spans of ~50 PA's.

Hart is just waving at pitches lately.

This is just visual bias of him striking out now and then and looking bad when he does.

Hart the past 7 days:
.294/.400/.412
Past 14 days:
.220/.319/.488

Hart hardly has been burning things up buts he's been good.

Since the break he's hitting .220/.319/.439/.758. A player like Weeks will have quite a few stretches like that in spans of ~50 PA's.

.220 .319 .488 .807

Corey's stats since the break. He's been slightly better than Weeks, but yet there's a few posts a night complaining about how he's slowed down or been bad this year and nothing about Rickie.

.220 .319 .488 .807

Corey's stats since the break. He's been slightly better than Weeks, but yet there's a few posts a night complaining about how he's slowed down or been bad this year and nothing about Rickie.

Neither one has been that bad.

.220 .319 .488 .807

I'm not sure where those comments are coming from either. Hart has been pretty productive. Perhaps part of it is just that he is what I'd term an "ugly" ballplayer. He's tall and lanky so he looks slower than he is, he takes some terrible swings on sliders away, etc.

Archived