Brewer Fanatic

Tough Mudder Wisconsin

brwrsfan

Yeah, over a year at this point. The next event here is scheduled for mid-October 2012. Plenty of time to get ready for it if you're interested in doing it.

Going to be a whole different element in the fall though. In July, the water actually felt good, kept you cool and wasn't really a problem. In October, it could be anywhere from 80 to 40 degrees and that water could really start to make you cold and be a much more difficult element to deal with.

No offense guys, but this looks like it was tailor-made for bros and the type of people who own LandRovers and take them out on trails on the weekends.
I'm not sure what you're implying here. That it looks stupid? Or easy? Or like a waste of time?

It definitely looks like a lot of fun and I plan on doing it next year instead of a marathon, but I have to imagine you do see a lot of Tapout decals on the trucks in the parking lot.

NRT - None of my friends want to do this so I'd be down with putting together a Bf.net team.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

I guess that makes sense then, and there certainly were guys like that. Not as many as you would think though. There were an awful lot of just average people (like me) in it, just to see if they could. The event is based around teamwork and camaraderie, not so much about showing that you're bigger, stronger and tougher than everyone else. Though like I said, there were a few of those but everyone on the course was nice and helping everyone else.

I would guess that as the popularity increases, so will the amount of people that RyDogg describes. As it is now, it seems to really only be noticed by those that are into that type of workout. Unfortunately, in 3 years, it'll probably be sponsored by TapOut and whatever new Malt Liquor/Energy drink is on the market. Would like to see it maintain it's purity, it's a very cool concept.

• 5 months later...

Archived