Brewer Fanatic

2011-07-23 Brewers (Wolf) at Giants (Vogelsong) - [Brewers lose, 4-2]

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shut up Bill. If Wolf would've actually turned towards 1st base he would've had plenty of time to get Sandoval.

No way would have he got Sandoval, much less easily.

Did you even see it? This is after Wolf picks the ball up and sort of turns his body towards 1st before deciding to try and get the runner at 3rd.

http://oi51.tinypic.com/2uespzq.jpg

If he picks it up and turns right away and throws to 1st he gets him easily.

This is one time when I actually think RR did the right thing. Wolf deserved a chance to work out of that. He had made Rowand look bad twice on strike outs earlier too, although he did give up a single to him as well.

I didn't mind that at all in this situation. Let's make it matter now bats.

Still find it hilarious that it seems the minute Wolf gets pulled from the game, Kottaras is tied at his hip and gets yanked as well. RR is a joke; so much for his "no pitcher on this team will have a personal catcher" proclamation before the season started. Take a man for his word, huh?

RR might not have been coming out to take him out, maybe just to talk/give him a breather. You can't always take Bill's word as Gospel.
Yep. Wasn't assuming that. Just knowing that he had to be thinking about whether to go to Loe there or not, either before he went to the mound or while he was out there. Otherwise he wouldn't have been warming up. Has nothing to do with what Rock said.

Still find it hilarious that it seems the minute Wolf gets pulled from the game, Kottaras is tied at his hip and gets yanked as well. RR is a joke; so much for his "no pitcher on this team will have a personal catcher" proclamation before the season started. Take a man for his word, huh?

Yeah Kottaras should face the lefty reliever and hurt the team!

Yeah Kottaras should face the lefty reliever and hurt the team!

I did make perfect sense to pull him there, but he gets yanked every time. I can't remember a Wolf start where Kot finished off the game as the catcher. Luc almost always pinch hits for after Randy gets pulled.

Bill: "Walks will score often than hits"

That would be a very interesting tidbit of information if you didn't just completely make it up. Hell common sense tells you that it's just nonsense. But hey, he's the expert.

"I understand what Bill is saying with walks scoring more than hits"

Please clue me in then because I have no idea.

That would be a very interesting tidbit of information if you didn't just completely make it up. Hell common sense tells you that it's just nonsense. But hey, he's the expert.

Lord knows I'd rather have a leadoff walk than a triple to start the inning. (Nevermind that I think HRs also count for this discussion...)

Lord knows I'd rather have a leadoff walk than a triple to start the inning. (Nevermind that I think HRs also count for this discussion...)
I've heard announcers claim a leadoff walk scores more often than a leadoff single, which I don't believe is true either.

I agree with you guys. Rock was just talking out his (butt) again. I do think he meant that it seems like walks tend to hurt more than hits but the way he delievered that opinion as a fact was just not the right way to do it.

Archived