Brewer Fanatic

Nyjer Morgan's "Altercation" with SF Fans during Friday's Game

Bombers
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nyjer has been known to "throw up the T" with his arms before instead of his hands, so that's what I assumed he was doing with that arm motion.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Considering Mel Brooks humor is basted mostly on doing crass things for laughs, I think you just weakened your position considerably.

True or not, Spaceballs was a PG rated movie so I would content anything in Spaceballs is ok for just about any audience and obviously not an obscene gesture.

I wouldn't even care if Nyjer did flip the bird as long he does his job on the field. Baseball fans and players are babies.
Pretty much my point. I couldnt care less if Morgan was doing coke off a hookers back in the middle of a pentagram in center field along as he is still making those plays and getting hits.

I wouldn't even care if Nyjer did flip the bird as long he does his job on the field. Baseball fans and players are babies.
Problem is, with his history, it could cost him games if MLB intervenes and leave the Brewers with Kotsay/Carroll in CF. Considering the ump felt the need to address with him in the dugout, I'm guessing it'll get a long look from MLB and it wouldn't be shocking at all to Morgan get a few games for this, possibly more considering this is his 3rd offense with fans.

It's juvenile and serves no purpose what so ever - keep your mouth shut and let your play talk for you.

EDIT: FWIW, I don't think Morgan deserves it, but it is what it is and he should know better at this point in his career.

I'm guessing that TheCrew won't back off of his stance any more than the rest of the board will back off of theirs. It's all about perception...if you already perceive that Morgan did something improper then you won't be swayed. No problem...let's just hope that MLB sides with the majority here and not TheCrew..
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Hammer: I don't have a major problem with what he did on a personal level.

That said, I could easily see mlb suspending a player for doing something like this - especially one that has had 2 previous incidents with fans - couldn't you?

That is the part that irritates me with Morgan. He should know better at this point, it's one thing to have the initial comment to fans...... even to show how many outs there are towards the fans, but it should have stopped there. He took it to far when he gave the 'f you' to the fans - watch the video, it's clear what he meant - then preceded to mock the fans when he conducted them..... then jawed more with them before he ran off the field. Like I said, I don't have a major problem with what he did, I just think he took it too far at that point and it also shows me his head isn't in the game 100%. Which to me is another problem in itself.

Pisses me off that a player couldn't keep his mouth shut with fans and may (and I will stress may as this is complete speculation at this point) have put the team in a very tough spot in CF for a few games when it's already a very, very tight race in the division. Brewers don't have the luxury of being down a man in this race.

I couldnt care less if Morgan was doing coke off a hookers back in the middle of a pentagram in center field along as he is still making those plays and getting hits.
I'm going to go ahead and nominate this for post of the week.

Wow, let's take a step back for a moment. I'm shocked that more than one person here has no problem with a MLB player publicly flipping the bird during a game. Do you REALLY feel that way, seriously?

(I'm not saying Morgan did that last night, I'm just responding to those who are saying they don't care if he did, or would do that in the future.)

Wow, let's take a step back for a moment. I'm shocked that more than one person here has no problem with a MLB player publicly flipping the bird during a game. Do you REALLY feel that way, seriously?

(I'm not saying Morgan did that last night, I'm just responding to those who are saying they don't care if he did, or would do that in the future.)

I really don't. This has been going on forever, and before the advent of a gazillion camera angles, camera phones, 24 hour sports news and the Internet, this wouldn't have even registered a blip on the sporting landscape.

I dont want to speak for others, but the reason I dont care is because all I care about is the Brewers winning. These are grown men playing a game and getting paid for it. If it were college/high school/younger or my kid, I would care, but since they are not I dont. Now if it effects the team, then yes we would care. Until that happens, what ever motivates him to play at his best, keep on doing it.

This is sports/entertainment, there is no room for morals. With that said, I have no conscience or morals, so I may not be the best person to lead this charge. It would like Amy Winehouse heading up Just Say No....to soon?

whoever insinuated that Morgan could be sitting for 5+ games by MLB . . . for this???????
This is his 3rd incident with fans in less than a year, granted his suspension was dropped in one of those incidents - would not be shocking at all to see him get a suspension from MLB for this. I'm not saying he deserves it, but it is the MLB and being run by Selig......... would not be the least bit surprising.

I read on one of the other sites that he was also jawing with fans the next inning and was also making the jerking off reference to fans................ but hey, if he is producing who cares, right?

Personally, I don't think he deserves any suspension but if I were his manager I'd give him an earfull and ask him why he think he is on his 3rd team in 3 years even though he possesses the talent he does. I'd also ask him how that helps his team at all?

I know everyone is in love with T-Plush at the moment - and I'm by no means saying I don't like the guy, in fact I've loved watching him play and enjoyed his postgame antics - but he needs to stay focused on the game and ignore everything else during the game. If he wants to clown around after games, that is fine - but during the game, keep your damn head in it.

So they San Jose news Reporter compared Morgan to Milton Bradley? They aren't even in the same stratosphere IMO. The Brewers Blog today has me feeling that Morgan will try to tone it down a bit but is still going to be himself.
Apples and Oranges - Morgan is just competitive and likes to talk smack and clown around. Bradley straight up had screws loose.

If you watch Plush play, he does that every time he makes the second out. I've seen him do it towards Hart and Braun at home. That's just his quirky way of doing it. He just did it real fast and sloppy this time because of the adrenaline he felt from the fans. I'd be shocked if the PA isn't able to get any suspension revoked. He may be sat down and talked to about coming up with something else, but I don't think anything else will come of it.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

"Wow, let's take a step back for a moment. I'm shocked that more than one person here has no problem with a MLB player publicly flipping the bird during a game. Do you REALLY feel that way, seriously?"

Show me indisputable proof that Nyjer Morgan did that.

From what I've seen, he did not.

Even if a player did, even if it was Pujols, I would first want to know what the "fan" said.

"Wow, let's take a step back for a moment. I'm shocked that more than one person here has no problem with a MLB player publicly flipping the bird during a game. Do you REALLY feel that way, seriously?"

Show me indisputable proof that Nyjer Morgan did that.

From what I've seen, he did not.

Even if a player did, even if it was Pujols, I would first want to know what the "fan" said.

I dont think he did, as I pointed out in my next sentence.

Archived