Brewer Fanatic

2011-07-22 Brewers (Marcum) at Giants (Cain) - [Brewers win, 4-2]

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
theavrock[/b]]
azcheesehead[/b]]
I think Roenicke has used him pretty well so far. Why do we pick up K-Rod if we aren't going to use him in every available situation when he's a rent-a-player and happens to be pretty darn good? He's not Kam Loe.
You don't use him in every situation he is available because then at some point in time he isn't going to be available.

Like I said. I don't think its a terrible situation to use him in. I just think you let Shaun start the inning and if anyone gets on base you bring him in. No need to burn him with Marcum cruising when who knows when we are going to need him next.

We don't know what the long term plan is. They may ride the k-rod/axford duo for a couple of weeks. Rest everyone else until August. At that point maybe he starts letting the starters go deeper. Like I said if they keep pitching like this it is hard not to save everyone else at the expense of two guys. It is a good problem to have to say the least because it means they are all pitching well.

Rev, are you at the game tonight?
No, believe it or not my family just flew in from Billy Mitchell; we're going on a long-planned (planned before the schedule release at least) week in Tahoe tomorrow so no Brewers' games in SF for me this year.

Except for the playoffs?

pmallon wrote:

We don't know what the long term plan is. They may ride the k-rod/axford duo for a couple of weeks. Rest everyone else until August. At that point maybe he starts letting the starters go deeper. Like I said if they keep pitching like this it is hard not to save everyone else at the expense of two guys. It is a good problem to have to say the least because it means they are all pitching well.

Very true. If that is the long term plan I will eat my words.

To be perfectly honest I don't know that I can bring myself to give Ron credit for that yet.

And it is a great problem to have that we are complaining about starters being pulled after 7 and then having to use Krod or Ax.

Very true. If that is the long term plan I will eat my words.

To be perfectly honest I don't know that I can bring myself to give Ron credit for that yet.

And it is a great problem to have that we are complaining about starters being pulled after 7 and then having to use Krod or Ax.

I can agree with that. ^^^ I just think that since we have the firepower, we should use it. If everyone does their job to their ability, they are going to win, period.

Archived