Brewer Fanatic

2011-07-22 Brewers (Marcum) at Giants (Cain) - [Brewers win, 4-2]

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because that would be silly??

Has Greinke even made it in to the 8th inning yet?

Well he is FOR SURE better than Marcum, Narv or Wolf in the 8th. What you just saw there was pretty much par for the course....

You're right. You can say that FOR SURE. When you speak in absolutes it discredits what you are saying. Let me just ask how you can say that FOR SURE?

Marcum was cruising and could have easily done the same thing. You could save Krod for a different situation where he comes in for a pitcher that is struggling or in a higher leverage situation.

Did you watch Marcum get pounded around in the 7th? Just because they were outs doesn't mean the Giants weren't getting really good contact on him.

Did you watch Marcum get pounded around in the 7th? Just because they were outs doesn't mean the Giants weren't getting really good contact on him.
They were outs, 3 outs for 3 batters. Besides the one to Morgan, none were hit that hard and he has looked great the entire game.

You still didn't answer my question...

And simply put, if the game is within 3 runs, you will (AND SHOULD...you like what I did there?) see a combo of K-Rod and Ax.

See that is the type of rigid thinking that is dangerous. Krod and Ax should be used in the most high leverage situations period.

What if your boy Greinke is at 75 pitches after 7 in a 3-1 game. WILL we still see a combo of Krod and Ax?

Look i dont think its a horrible decision to go to Krod and Ax. I just dont think its the right one and I don't like the way it has been used by Ron.

azcheesehead wrote:

They were outs, 3 outs for 3 batters. Besides the one to Morgan, none were hit that hard and he has looked great the entire game.

You still didn't answer my question...
Google it yourself and see how good those guys are deep in to games. I bet you find their sample sizes are pretty small. Think there may be a reason for that? And yet, you think we shouldn't use one of the most established relievers in recent memory for a hold in a save situation? I must be way off here.

The last time Craig Counsell got a hit, Wil Nieves was still on the major league roster.

Lock this down, Ax.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

And simply put, if the game is within 3 runs, you will (AND SHOULD...you like what I did there?) see a combo of K-Rod and Ax.

See that is the type of rigid thinking that is dangerous. Krod and Ax should be used in the most high leverage situations period.

What if your boy Greinke is at 75 pitches after 7 in a 3-1 game. WILL we still see a combo of Krod and Ax?

Look i dont think its a horrible decision to go to Krod and Ax. I just dont think its the right one and I don't like the way it has been used by Ron.
I think Roenicke has used him pretty well so far. Why do we pick up K-Rod if we aren't going to use him in every available situation when he's a rent-a-player and happens to be pretty darn good? He's not Kam Loe.

I think Roenicke has used him pretty well so far. Why do we pick up K-Rod if we aren't going to use him in every available situation when he's a rent-a-player and happens to be pretty darn good? He's not Kam Loe.
You don't use him in every situation he is available because then at some point in time he isn't going to be available.

Like I said. I don't think its a terrible situation to use him in. I just think you let Shaun start the inning and if anyone gets on base you bring him in. No need to burn him with Marcum cruising when who knows when we are going to need him next.

Archived