Brewer Fanatic

Why I'm glad we didn't go after Betemit

I thought it was pretty obvious when it happened that he got spooked when he looked up and the pitcher was right in his throwing lane. It looked like he tried to stop throwing but couldn't.

I thought it was pretty obvious when it happened that he got spooked when he looked up and the pitcher was right in his throwing lane. It looked like he tried to stop throwing but couldn't.

No matter the reason it was bad.

So he should have just chucked the ball regardless if he thinks the pitcher is in front of him?

No matter the reason it was bad.

So he should have just chucked the ball regardless if he thinks the pitcher is in front of him?

Pretty obvious the pitcher was crouched down. By trying to not hit the pitcher he almost did hit the pitcher. Way to take a post intended to get a few laughs and get way over technical about the play. Come On Maaaannnnn.....

It's almost like he wasn't sure whether to throw it or not, so he just compromised and threw the ball half-way there.

Betancourt would be way more fun if instead of being the (semi) sure-handed man with cement shoes, he was similarly bad due to a combination of excellent range and a cement head. I'd rather have Betancourt get to a ball five feet to his right and then trip over his shoelaces than let it go by. That would be way more comical.

That play is meaningless. Betemit is a plus defender. WAR says so.

WAR is not a defensive stat, it's a cumulative stat. If you're going to mock stats, at least make sure you've got the correct one. UZR or UZR/150 is a defensive stat. WAR combines offense & defense.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

The defensive metrics have him above average for this year at least- though I will grant that this is out of line with his historical figures.
His DRS is -10 (-7 at 3B). His UZR is -4.4 (-2.0 at 3B). Man, those are rave reviews.

The defensive metrics have him above average for this year at least- though I will grant that this is out of line with his historical figures.
No, they don't.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived