Brewer Fanatic

Tigers Acquire Wilson Betemit

Eck17

Sounds like he's more interested in Carroll than Furcal, but we'll see.
I think it will be one or the other. A Brewers-Dodgers trade seems to make too much sense not to happen at this point.

Agreed. I prefer Furcal. I'm still very leery of a 37 year old being counted on to be the everyday SS. But I guess the same can be said for a 33 year old injury prone one too.

Carroll's OBP would look nice in this lineup, and with the Dodgers' financial woes, you'd think he could be had cheap if we take on his salary. Then we get rid of two of our three bad SS's and bring up Green. All our problems are solved!

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

ZiPS ROS Projections:

Betemit: .262 / .326 / .423
McGehee: .256 / .309 / .393

He probably represented a decent upgrade over McGehee offensively but when you factor in his apparently very poor defense at third, it would have been a marginal upgrade overall.

ZiPS ROS Projections:

He probably represented a decent upgrade over McGehee offensively but when you factor in his apparently very poor defense at third, it would have been a marginal upgrade overall.

Yeah but McGehee is terrible at 3rd as well. So unless he is McGehee bad at 3rd, doesn't it go back to a decent upgrade?

ZiPS ROS Projections:

Yeah but McGehee is terrible at 3rd as well. So unless he is McGehee bad at 3rd, doesn't it go back to a decent upgrade?

We still would have lost tonight anyways, but Casey in the 8th inning tonight failed yet again to convert a very makeable play into an out. By Parra getting on instead, it allowed for Johnson to get a plate appearance which resulted in a two run homer.

That's the thing about both Betancourt and McGehee that is so beyond frustrating. It's one thing for a hitter to be really poor as a hitter or fielder, but for them to be so bad at each aspect of the game is just driving me crazy while watching the games. Hell, besides the brutal defense and offense, McGehee in rare instances he gets on, he runs like one of the Molina brothers and Yuni isn't exactly a blazer on the bases either. So painful to watch these two stink up the joint on a near daily basis.

Archived