Brewer Fanatic

Possible 2011 Season Call Ups

Ok, so let's say we need to dip into our AAA team since someone goes on the DL. Who do we call up?

My list would be:

INF on DL- Eric Farris- Needs to get a few MLB AB i guess. I doubt they calls up Taylor Green.

OF on DL- Boggs? No. He is batting under .250. I'd say Brett Carroll or Caleb Gindl.

SP on DL- Roenicke most likely would let Estrada start if needed to.

RP on DL- I woud like to see Fiers called up. Daniel Meadows anyone? Also, McClendon, but when they ignored him and brought up Dillard, that is probably a clue that McClendon is part of the K-rod trade. We'll see though.

Most likely candidates for september call-up:

Mat Gamel

Taylor Green- let him get a hang of the MLB. Would like to see him next year

Eric Farris

Caleb Gindl

Michael Fiers

Anyone else? Lets get this a hot topic.

It depends on how much space they have on the 40 man. They'll probably have room for Fiers, Gindl and Green who are not on it now.

I think they will make room for Fiers by removing DiFelice. They'll also use Herrera's current spot for either Herrera, or for Meadows. If they do that they'd also have room for a 3rd catcher. My choice would be Rivera, but who knows, they are likely to bring back Nieves.

So here's my guess:

Removed from 40 man: McClendon (dealt to Mets), DiFelice, Herrera.

Added to 40 man and called up: Green, Gindl, (Nieves or Rivera), Fiers, Meadows

Added off 60 day: Stetter

Recalls of current 40 man guys: Gamel, Farris, Braddock and Peralta

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

They'll also use Herrera's current spot for either Herrera, or for Meadows.

We take Herrera off to put him back on? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I'm hoping this topic WON'T be a hot topic, as I hope we won't need to bring anyone up, since anyone other than Green or Gamel probably means an injury replacement.

Unless something happens to Morgan, no I don't think so. He missed a lot of time due to injuries, so he should get as much playing time as possible. No sense bringing him up to sit on the bench while we are trying to win the division.

Unless something happens to Morgan, no I don't think so. He missed a lot of time due to injuries, so he should get as much playing time as possible. No sense bringing him up to sit on the bench while we are trying to win the division.

Agree there, I think he needs to season more in the minors. I like his potential, but he always seems to get hurt for extended periods of time. Plus, we have Kotsay to play CF....

I don't see any harm in bringing up Schafer after the Nashville season is over. He's had a ton of injuries but when he stays healthy he's quite the hitter. And good defensively as well. If not for the emergence of Morgan I'd say he had a pretty good shot at being Milwaukee's CF next season.

I'd prefer seeing him finish the AAA, then go to the AZL fall league. There is a small amount of time between those that he could be called up, but would need to be added to the 40-man first. Not sure I see any real benefit for a week or so of MLB bench time.

The Brewers have generally avoided calling up guys just to fill the bench and Schafer, being LH, isn't going to see much time in place of Morgan.

Archived