Brewer Fanatic

T-Rats fan's choice bobble: and the winner is...KHRIS DAVIS!!!

TURBO

Last year they announced the winner on July 6th. We should be hearing any day now I would think.

The last 2 player bobbles given away (Lawrie and Odorizzi) by the t-rats were traded. Is there now officially a curse? *nervous laugh*

https://secure.minorleaguebaseball.com/tickets/form.jsp?formid=bobblehead&formcode=form&sid=t572&section=team3

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

The Candidates:

Jimmy Nelson - P - 2011

The Brewers 2nd round pick in the 2010 MLB Draft out of the University of Alabama.

Matt Miller - P - 2011

The Brewers 5th round pick in the 2010 MLB Draft out of the University of Michigan.

Khris Davis Home Run Record - 2010

Davis set a new Timber Rattlers single season home run record in 2010 by hitting 22 round trippers.

Cody Hawn - 1B - 2011

The Brewers 6th round pick in the 2010 MLB Draft out of the University of Tennessee.

Tyler Thornburg - P - 2011

The Brewers 3rd round pick in the 2010 MLB Draft out of Charleston Southern University.

Asdrubal Cabrera - 2B - 2005

Hit .318 as a 19 year old with the Timber Rattlers in 2005 and reached the Majors by 2007 as a member of the Cleveland Indians. Cabrera is currently the starting SS for the Indians.

Austin Ross - P - 2011

The Brewers 8th round pick in the 2010 MLB Draft out of Louisiana State University was the Timber Rattlers Opening Day starter.

I voted for Thornburg, but I'd be happy with Cabrera or Davis.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

UPDATED 7/20

http://wisconsin.timberra...p;fext=.jsp&sid=t572

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/281859_10150257717029176_264627419175_7260133_1603393_n.jpg

I voted for the Davis, so this makes me happy, however, I'm a little disappointed that it doesn't say anything about the homerun record on the bobble... A little plaque would have been nice...

If you went to a lot of T-Rat games last season, you would know he was a fan favorite, and since the majority of voters were more than likely T-Rats fans who go to the games, it is easy to see why he won.

Dude can mash, and when you see it in person 20-30 times, it makes sense!!!

I seriously doubt he is part of the K-Rod trade, if so, I'm going to be frustratingly disappointed to the point of tears...

On the other hand, the last 2 T-Rat players (Lawrie and Odorizzi) to get bobbles were traded, so if the curse is on, you might be right...

I think the bobblehead looks really well done, aside from his bat appearing to be disproportionately large when compared to the rest of the bobblehead. Maybe that is just me nit-picking, though.

That being said, I do not understand the lack of designation regarding the "home run record" either. I would have expected to see letting on the base or a small plaque announcing this, especially after portraying/hyping it that way in the voting process.

All that really matters is I will want one for my collection (and thinking it looks really cool after getting it).

I think the bat looks so large due to the angle of the photo... The bat is coming towards the camera, so that would make sense...

There definitly should be something to mark the HR record though, that is a mistake on their part, and like Brian said, that was how they hyped the Davis bobble...

Maybe that is the prototype, and there will be a little plaque or something on the final versions...

Archived