Brewer Fanatic

Khris Davis

jjfanec
I personally like Gindl over Davis. Davis offers more power potential, but Gindl can hit for plenty of power too.

Gindl's numbers this year are pretty similar to Davis's and Gindl is 22 playing in AAA while Davis is 23 playing A+. I hope they both end up being solid contributors at the big league level, but for now I am liking Gindl a bit more. Do they both offer about the same defensive tools? Haven't read much on eithers defense.

Gindl's got a cannon for an arm. I've read on here and reports that Davis has a weaker arm, and that he's strictly a LF/1B candidate.
Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

I personally like Gindl over Davis. Davis offers more power potential, but Gindl can hit for plenty of power too.

Gindl's numbers this year are pretty similar to Davis's...

Similar in what way? Gindl has a .842 OPS and a .366 OBP, Davis had a .948 OPS and a .415 OBP at Brevard County... fairly significant difference there

When Gindl played at Brevard County he had an .822 OPS and a .363 OBP ... granted Gindl was only 20 at the time and Davis is 23, but I still see Davis as having significantly more potential than Gindl

We'll see how well Davis hits in AA though

I'd take Gindl in a walk. Age for level is huge. I agree that Khris has been held back artificially, and so Gindl really has more like a two-year headstart on him than three. But two years is a ton, and A-ball stats are A-ball stats. Gindl has basically held his value as he's climbed the ranks, and that's a great predictor of MLB success. I'm rooting for both guys like crazy, but if I had them both on, say, a PTBNL list right now, I wouldn't even think about it.

Similar in what way? Gindl has a .842 OPS and a .366 OBP, Davis had a .948 OPS and a .415 OBP at Brevard County... fairly significant difference there

When Gindl played at Brevard County he had an .822 OPS and a .363 OBP ... granted Gindl was only 20 at the time and Davis is 23, but I still see Davis as having significantly more potential than Gindl

Average and HR is what I was refering too. I also stated the are pretty similar. Davis obviosuly has a little better numbers, but A-ball vs AAA is also a fairly significant difference.

Other note, thanks for the other OP on the defensive note about arm strength.

chickinbrickin[/b]]I personally like Gindl over Davis. Davis offers more power potential, but Gindl can hit for plenty of power too.

I'm pretty sure if we moved Gindl to BC next year, when he is the age Khris is now, that Caleb would obliterate those numbers. Davis doesn't have a single advantage over Gindl, including power.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Big Brock into the .240's last I checked. He started off very slow, and it appears that Davis is doing the same.

What's nice is to see the organization with some legitimate outfield prospects. Still, we need a couple of studs to jump on our radars. In particular, we need some high draft picks to be used on hitters, not just pitchers. One can easily tell by our lack of overall hitting that we've now had 4 pitching heavy drafts in a row.

Archived