Brewer Fanatic

Miller Chill

LouisEly
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My regular staple is a local favorite - spotted cow.

I don't get why people like Spotted Cow. It is flavorless for a wit beer. Way to mellow for what I look in this beer. The Chubby Marmot aka Fat Squirrel is not to bad though.

Personally I thought the Miller Chill was OK. And I'm also on the I love Spotted Cow list. I think it's great. I also have Siera Nevada Pale Ale and moose Drool by Big Sky Breweng company coming in at a close second and third.

moose Drool by Big Sky Breweng

The have an Aluminum bottle now which I thought was very cool. It was probably just because I was easily amused drinking good beer out of an Aluminum bottle.

My favorites are probably Bear Republic Big Bear Black Stout, Sprecher Black Bavarian, and New Glarus unplugged Enigma.

I don't get why people like Spotted Cow. It is flavorless for a wit beer.

Ding! ding! ding! ding! ding! By and large people don't actually like the taste of most beers. Spotted Cow is rather sweet and goes down easy. I find it disgusting myself, but then I liked it way in the past before my pallet was sophisticated.

People like Spotted Cow for the same reason Bud and Miller Light are the USA's most popular beers.

I don't get why people like Spotted Cow. It is flavorless for a wit beer.

Ding! ding! ding! ding! ding! By and large people don't actually like the taste of most beers. Spotted Cow is rather sweet and goes down easy. I find it disgusting myself, but then I liked it way in the past before my pallet was sophisticated.

People like Spotted Cow for the same reason Bud and Miller Light are the USA's most popular beers.

Wrong. I don't like Spotted Cow because it lacks flavor - I like it because of the complexity and balance of it's flavor. It is a beer that can fit into almost every meal and is reliable and tasty. It is rather presumtious to assume anyone who likes popular beers does not have a 'sophisticated' pallet.

Being a contrarion does not a connoisseur make.

If you appreciate the full spectrum of beer flavors, then you must also appreciate the balanced flavor and simplicity of certain beers.

If you don't like Spotted Cow, that's fine, just don't make broad judgements about those who do. And for the beer god's sake, please don't compare it to watery pilsners (Miller Lite) and actual water (Bud Light).

I don't get why people like Spotted Cow. It is flavorless for a wit beer. Way to mellow for what I look in this beer. The Chubby Marmot aka Fat Squirrel is not to bad though.

Spotted cow is not a witbier. It is a blonde ale.

Fat Squirrel and Uff Da are also good options.

If you want my all-time favorite beers, try La Fin Du Monde and Tres Pistoles from Unibroue.

It is rather presumtious to assume anyone who likes popular beers does not have a 'sophisticated' pallet.

That's true, unless you think some crap slop like Bud Light, Coors, or High Life is the best beer available (not that you like it because it's cheap - that's fine). If it comes in a 30 pack with a name like "The Cubinator", it's not a great beer.

Archived