Brewer Fanatic

Miller Chill

LouisEly
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck picking up any ladies with your beer breath!

Given my growing mid-section, balding head, and countless of other problems acredited to moving past my 20s, fortunately beer breath is the least of my concerns.

Good thing I'm married. If I had to resort to drinking Berry Weiss to meet women, I'd be in trouble http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif .

Anyone ever had the Berry-Honey Weiss mix that Leinie's promotes at some places? Sounds kind of weird to me.

Yeah, they call it the honey-bear. A co-worker of mine swears that she is the one that invented this and introduced it to Dick and Jake Leinenkugel. And I was at sitting in the first row behind the end zone at the Ice Bowl...

It's called "Honey Berry" and has been invented by thousands of people years before Leinie's ever promoted it that way.

As for Miller Chill, I had one tonight at a Mexican restaurant. Wasn't great but wasn't bad either. I wouldn't drink more than 1 in a sitting but it was kind of refreshing. Tasted OK with Mexican food.

What I liked is it wasn't an overpowering taste. It was fairly mild and had a decent aftertaste that didn't linger too long.

Overall the beer was decent and the kind of thing you might have from time to time on a hot day. But limit me to 1 of these before the real drinking begins. I generally don't like these kinds of things and this wasn't great, but it was decent.

This stuff isn't beer. This is in a class with the Malted bevs, like Mike's. Maybe technically it's still beer, but once my "beer" tastes like lemonade or berries, it's no longer a beer.

I work at the Great Dane in downtown Madison, so I'll admit being spoiled, but come on. Summer Shandy? Miller Chill? Please don't drink crappy beer/'beer'

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

We were at The Great Dane on Sunday and wanted to buy some Black Earth Porter and they told us it would go flat within 24 hours. Do you know why that is the case?

EDIT: Original post sounded rude. I apologize for being rude.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Quote:
This stuff isn't beer. This is in a class with the Malted bevs, like Mike's. Maybe technically it's still beer, but once my "beer" tastes like lemonade or berries, it's no longer a beer.

I work at the Great Dane in downtown Madison, so I'll admit being spoiled, but come on. Summer Shandy? Miller Chill? Please don't drink crappy beer/'beer'

So I am guessing the monks of Belguim who have been brewing Lambic beers for 500 years have no idea what they are doing?

I really love people on thier soap box telling people what is a good beer. And yes Chill is a beer and not a Malternative. Christ, half of the "good beers" also use flavoring agents to get the flavors they need.

I'm on "your side" as it were about fruit and beer, blatzlight, but I'm still a little surprised that Chill isn't a "malternative." It tasted vaguely "artificial" to me. Like it wasn't beer with lime and salt added but a drink made to taste like beer with lime and salt in it.

I drank two last night and I think the rest will sit in the fridge for some time to come.

IT's beer because it's brewerd with hops, barley to form a malt or mash or whatever the definition of "beer" is in terms of production.

It is also brewed with lime and salt giving it the flavor it has. As someone else noted, Lambic beers have been brewed for a long time now.

There is a wide array of flavors for beer. I'd agree it's not very good beer or a real beer drinkers beer. But it is beer in every sense of the word. It's basically Miller Light with these flavors brewed in, Chelada style.

I'm willing to bet it's second run Miller Light though. Not a bad idea really. You can run the mash twice. Usually lower end beers are the second run of the mash. But now instead of selling this second run on the cheap, they can sell it as a premium beer. And since it's flavored, no one will be able to really tell the difference in flavor.

Quote:
I'm willing to bet it's second run Miller Light though. Not a bad idea really. You can run the mash twice. Usually lower end beers are the second run of the mash. But now instead of selling this second run on the cheap, they can sell it as a premium beer. And since it's flavored, no one will be able to really tell the difference in flavor.

I can guarantee you it is not. It is also not the same formula of Miller Lite.

I tried. Eh...I'll stick with Miller Lite (or Jack and Coke).

Anyone ever had the Berry-Honey Weiss mix that Leinie's promotes at some places?

One of my buddies made us try this a few years back. I thought it was the worst tasting beer combo I had ever tried. We still give him crap about about it...

If I want lime, I'll have a seven up, or a seven up mixed with booze. Why do they always have to put lime in things where it doesn't belong? Do people like lime that much?

Lime coke was one of the nastiest concoctions I ever tasted- opened one by mistake at work. Do they still make that swill?

Lime coke was one of the nastiest concoctions I ever tasted- opened one by mistake at work. Do they still make that swill?

They make Diet Coke w/ Lime, but not Classic Coke. I actually like Diet Coke w/ Lime. To each his own I guess...

Seems to me like I really need to try this new beer. As for the 'What's a good beer' question, I'll throw in my 2 cents. I usually get MGD at a bar since I am not a huge fan of lite beers and there is not much of a selection at the local bars around here. I like BerryWeis, Creamy Dark, Summer Shandy, Leine's Original, Leine's Red... basically all the Leineis. They are all good and have different unique flavors. It's really no different then someone liking fish or liking shrimp.

The Great Dayne has some terrific beers. I've tried most of them, but usually reccomend the Crop Circle Wheat to Noobs. It is nice tasting and non-offensive.

I actually enjoy Milwaukee's Best quite a bit. It's cheap and does not taste like a light beer. The only beer I will completly avoid is Heinikan and I'll drink Bud light, but it gives me a headache, even if I do not drink a lot of it.

In summary, if it's cold and has alchol in it, I'll drink it. I'm excited to try this new Miller beer.

tried it this weekend and wasn't a huge fan. it's half-beer/half-margarita, but the flavour of each half is being dulled by the other, so the end result is nothing too exciting.

but the place actually had Leine's, which isn't all that common here in North Carolina. Too bad it was one of the few versions of it I don't like. In fact, good beer in general is rare in North Carolina. no gambling and bad beer...this is like torture for me.

Quote:
It's called "Honey Berry" and has been invented by thousands of people years before Leinie's ever promoted it that way.

As Colby pointed out, it's actually a "Honey Bear," and you're right - people have been doing this forever.

I haven't bought a Miller product in years, other than MGD's at bars here in Green Bay since I can't get a good beer (meaning Point special, Amber, or Spring Bock) outside of a 30 mile radius of Stevens Point. But this thread piqued my interest, and I bought a 6 pack of Miller Chill last night and came to this conclusion: Meh.

It doesn't have that strong flavor that makes you love it or hate it (like most Leinie's beers), but that might be the point, I suppose. I personally cannot stand to drink Miller Lite, but this was tolerable. If they continue to market it as a "Mexican recipe inspired" beer, they may find a nice little market niche, of which Corona basically has a complete monopoly. And Miller Chill tastes infinitely better than Corona. But I'm surprised that I have seen absolutely zero advertising for it here, yet every gas station and grocery store seemed to have pallets full of the stuff. I wonder why they chose to wait until mid-summer for a national launch as opposed to going national with it for Cinco de Mayo?

Gruber Lawffices

They say these things like Mike's and Smirnoff Ice are brews so they can have commercials. That's why Captain still has that horrible brew they have. Liquor companies cannot run ads on television.

We have the Chill at my place and alot of the softball players like it when they first come in. Then they switch to beer.

Miller trying to get some of the Corona market, that's all.

Archived