Brewer Fanatic

Miller Chill

LouisEly
I've always drank Miller Lite just for that reason. It's less filling and it tastes great. And it's got a third less calories than a regular beer. Probably helps to keep a beer gut off my body as much as possible.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
I work for a rival distributor, but I talked to the Miller guys last week, and they informed me that it will be hitting store shelves this Wednesday...be ready. I'm excited to give it a shot.

I have not seen anything yet.

I just talked to my friend at Miller at she said, she was not sure when it was suppose to come out. She thinks it may be June 19th, because they are having some event for the employees called National Rollout of Chill on that day.

People in Milwaukee may have to wait a couple more weeks.

I had 2 of these last night at a party. They were "decent" beers, very lime flavored and refreshingly different. But, still, I wouldn't want to drink a case of them.

Somebody else stated that they like the taste of beer (barley, hops, etc.) and so do I, so this Miller Chill, while different is kinda girly.

I'll probably buy a 6-pack and stick it in the fridge for Mexican Food Night or something. But otherwise, I'll pass.

(I find it better than Corona, FWIW.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I had a Miller Chill tonight, so they must be available in Wisconsin for sure now. It was pretty good, but not exactly beer-like. If you absolutely have to have beer, don't drink a Miller Chill. But if you want to have beer while at the same time having something that may kind of quench your thirst too, Chill would serve that purpose. It basically tasted like Sprite/7up with a beer aftertaste. Not too shabby.

I've had the Chill already too...I've seen the miller guys unloading it into milwaukee stores, so I know it's there...I would think it would be on the shelves already considering they have it in stock, but I heard Miller is proposing a grand Chill opening at all Milwaukee stores on Monday...that will be the first day available to the public. This is all hearsay according to liquor store owners though, so take it for whats it's worth.

I like it though...doesn't taste like beer at all but it goes down easy...I'm thinking this will be popular with the ladies.

But if you want to have beer while at the same time having something that may kind of quench your thirst too, Chill would serve that purpose.

Yep. There's times when I want true beer, and times when I want something to quench my thirst (particularly during the summer), and this finds a happy medium. Like Berry Weiss. Funny though - for the person who said they couldn't drink a case of it (I lost the desire to drink mass quantities of beer when I graduated college), I'm not one that can drink mass quantities of true beer; if I'm going to have more than two or three beers I'll need something to quench my thirst somewhere in between. I couldn't drink a lot of Chill either, but if I'm going to have six or more beers I could easily see this as an every-other-beer selection to stay refreshed.

Miller Chill is supposed to hit the market tomorrow, at least locally.

Yep. There's times when I want true beer, and times when I want something to quench my thirst (particularly during the summer), and this finds a happy medium. Like Berry Weiss.

Berry Weiss is nothing like a true beer, and therefore can't be a happy medium http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif .

Actually wine coolers are flavored beers. From wiki:

Quote:
A wine cooler is an alcoholic beverage made from wine and fruit juice, often in combination with a carbonated beverage and sugar.

Traditionally home-made, in recent decades these have been bottled and sold by commercial distributors, especially in areas where their lower alcohol content causes them to come under less restrictive laws than wine itself. Because most of the flavor in the wine is obscured by the fruit and sugar, the wine used in wine coolers tends to be of the cheapest available grade. In the 1990s, most commercial wine cooler brands (such as Bartles & Jaymes) changed the alcohol base of the drink from wine to flavored beer. Bartles & James refers to their beer based drink as a "flavored malt cooler".

Leinie's is well aware of this, decided to make their own wine cooler and called it a beer so guys wouldn't feel like any less of a man drinking it.

I bought a 6 pack while I was at the store today. I will have to throw it in the fridge and check it out in a bit. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/glasses.gif
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Berry Weiss is nothing like a true beer, and therefore can't be a happy medium

Berry Weiss is a wine cooler. Nothing more.

Leinie's is well aware of this, decided to make their own wine cooler and called it a beer so guys wouldn't feel like any less of a man drinking it.

Well, you go sit over there with the "guys" and drink your "real" beer; I'll be over here introducing Miller Chill and Berry Weiss (or wine coolers or margartabeers or whatever you want to call them) to the ladies. And when they tell me how much they like it, I'll be asking them if they would like to come back to my place to have some more.

Good luck picking up any ladies with your beer breath! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

I got mine at a Pick'n'Save in the Milwaukee metro area. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

It was ok. I'd agree with the comment that it tastes like sprite or 7-up with a beer aftertaste. I'm not big on beer, but if I had to drink one this wouldn't be too bad of a choice. I'd much prefer it over the 24oz OE 800 I drank on New Years on a dare, haha.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived