Brewer Fanatic

Weeks at short?

MVP2110

Given an off season to work, he could probably be better than Yuni or the bottom tier of SS's. Really though I just don't see the purpose given that he has become a solid 2B and a very good overall player.

I've actually joked about moving Gamel to SS simply because he probably couldn't be 30 runs worse than Yuni at SS while he probably would be 30 runs better at the dish. At least I thought I was joking...

I'm not saying I would, but I've heard people in the past say no way Weeks could handle short. I figured maybe Weeks to short and call up Farris at 2nd or something next year if Farris is ready. It was just a thought, better than the guy we have at short right now.

no. This is not a video game and you can't just slot players in wherever.

Weeks has played 2nd for a long time and moving him to SS would mess with a lot of things. Your footwork is different, especially when turning a DP. This would be awful.

Besides, Weeks has finally become a serviceable 2nd baseman, the last thing we would want to do is move him to a more challenging defensive position.

no. This is not a video game and you can't just slot players in wherever.

Weeks has played 2nd for a long time and moving him to SS would mess with a lot of things. Your footwork is different, especially when turning a DP. This would be awful.

Besides, Weeks has finally become a serviceable 2nd baseman, the last thing we would want to do is move him to a more challenging defensive position.

Right I'm not saying I'd do this right now but if you gave Weeks the offseason to work at short, it seems to me he has the tools to be able to play short. It seems its easier to find a 2nd basemen than a shortstop. Maybe I'm just wrong.

It's so different. Just the foot work would take quite awhile to get down. You can't just flip like that. I know Yuni screws up some really basic plays and is not good at the dish right now but he also makes some pretty good plays. He's not killing us yet so just keep puting him out there. Hopefully they can get some one before the deadline that is a defensive guy and then can use a combo of the two. Even better would be to get a very solid guy to take over. Either way, I'm fine with him now and I have faith we will get someone in down the road.

We really need Casey to get at least some what back on track.

My thoughts exactly. He just figured out how to play his position a few years ago, no need to confuse him and move him to a harder spot.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

I don't know why they don't just play Josh Wilson there for now. Not the solution we are looking for, but has to be better than Yuni both in the field and at the plate (although, Kottaras could possibly be better than Yuni at both as well, Gomez, Kotsay, anyone!!).

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I'd guess that he probably *could* play SS, but it would probably take at least a couple years before he became anything but a minus-minus defender. His upside would probably be something like a -7 UZR/150, and that's being generous.

I think we should count our blessings that he ended up being an average defender at 2nd, and that took nearly 5 years.

If anything, there may come a time when he's moved to LF. I don't think that's very likely either, but it's at least possible. 2-3 years down the road if they have a top shelf prospect at 2B, and nobody like that to play OF I'm sure it's something that would at least be considered. At that point Braun could move to RF, Weeks in LF. But SS? No, I just don't see it as a real possibility.

With that said, it would be fun to trade for his brother and have a DP combo of Weeks-Weeks.

Weeks played a decent SS in the Fall League years ago, because I remember being impressed by his arm strength and range. Still, I would not think of switching him to SS. He's finally adequate at 2b

actually, looking at Wilson's AAA stats (in nearly 2000 at bats of regular playing time as opposed to 900 in mlb that's been sporadic), I wouldn't mind having him start at SS about 60-70% of the time. a .270/.330 line is quite possible. As he said earlier this year, he had some swing changes that may have helped him in his time with the Brewers.

Archived