Brewer Fanatic

100% Speculation -- Guess the two minor league PTBNL's for K-Rod

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll say McClendon and Wooten. Worried most about Fiers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

I think DHonks has a good guess with Kjeldgaard. McClendon + Kjeldgaard isn't a bad return on the K-Rod situation from the Mets' p.o.v. Especially if they think Kjeldgaard is ready to be pushed up the farm system.

If the Mets got Fiers in this deal, kudos to them. I don't expect him to be on the list, but what do I know.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

For no particularly good reason, I'd now guess McClendon and either Khris Davis, D'Vo, or Lee Haydel. Fiers would be a bit disappointing, but I wouldn't be surprised if the deal hurt just a tiny bit from the Brewers' side...

Soon all will be revealed I guess.

I think DHonks has a good guess with Kjeldgaard. McClendon + Kjeldgaard isn't a bad return on the K-Rod situation from the Mets' p.o.v. Especially if they think Kjeldgaard is ready to be pushed up the farm system.

If the Mets got Fiers in this deal, kudos to them. I don't expect him to be on the list, but what do I know.

I highly doubt Fiers is on the list based on what was said when it looked like Narveson might not be ready for the doubleheader. If I remember correctly, either Melvin or Roenicke said they were looking at two AAA starters as possible replacements: Peralta and one who wasn't on the 40-man. Given the fact that I doubt Butler or Narron would have been looked at as legitimate options right now, I'd assume that second pitcher would be Fiers, and he wouldn't be under consideration if he was on the list.

Similarly, I hope the talk about Maldonado being called up tomorrow means he isn't on the list.

At the time of the deal Khris Davis was absolutely mashing it in A+. While he's struggled in AA so far I'll still be upset if he's gone. As sad as this is to say, he's still probably the best hitting prospect in the system below Nashville.

I had Kintzler and Khris Davis from the start. I thought Kintzler was the guy "with some major league experience and success" because he has a higher ceiling than McClendon. But Kintzler's injury rehab and KhD's struggles in AA are making me question that. I like KhD, but in reality he is blocked by Braun and Gamel so there's no sense in not selling high on him. I still have Rogers and Arnett as dark horses, because it allows the Brewers to save face by saying they traded one or the other for K-Rod, and it allows the Mets to save face by saying they traded K-Rod for a former 1st round pick.

Archived