Brewer Fanatic

100% Speculation -- Guess the two minor league PTBNL's for K-Rod

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Love having K Rod but the more I think about losing Green, the more it bothers me big time. Any chance between now and when the non 40 man player (Green) is selected that we can add a player with higher upside someone line Gennett to the list and remove Green. I would guess Green has more immediate value to us than NYM. It just seems like it would have made sense to add Green to the 40 the day before making a trade for KRod so he couldnt be added or selected from that short list.

Well if it isn't Green, and by trading Komatsu I'm guessing it isn't Schafer or Gindl, and Melvin would be fired if it was Scarpetta, Thornburg or Peralta, who does that leave? Maybe one of the relievers mentioned earlier (Kintzler? McClendon?) and a pitcher like Rivas? I'd be fine with Rivas and a reliever. I hope Gennett or Khris Davis isn't one either.

mlbtraderumors.com had this blurb which is the first time I've seen it directly stated.

"The Mets will choose the players from a list of five Brewers minor leaguers by a date in September."

So my guess is McClendon, Kintzler, Stetter, Nelson and Anuundson.

Actually I think Kintzler is the guy holding the deal up. One of the guys was supposed to "have some ML experience with some success" - that fits the bill for Kintzler. I doubt it is McClendon because he is healthy and pitching in Nashville so if he was the guy he'd have been picked by now, plus Kintzler has a higher ceiling than McClendon.

it seems there is always a failed 1st or second rounder in trades like this...so why not Arnett?

Arnett was my darkhorse candidate on page 1. Just realized though that "some ML experience with some success" and "failed 1st or 2nd rounder" also both describe Mark Rogers. The Mets could be scouting his rehab and waiting until 8/31 to see how he progresses.

Actually I think Kintzler is the guy holding the deal up. One of the guys was supposed to "have some ML experience with some success" - that fits the bill for Kintzler

Stetter also fits that description. The Mets stated they were going to take a look at a guy and likely grab him quickly, then didn't. Stetter would make sense there because his rehab failed, and then the Mets made no move. The next question is who are the other 4?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I had that thought a while back that they might be watching a few player's rehab assignments (Stetter and/or Kintzler). Both have higher ceilings than McClendon, but its not looking like either will be ready any time soon (which might actually be a positive for the Brewers).

Rogers doesn't make since, since we have known that he will need surgery since before the trade. So, even though he is back pitching, I doubt the Mets would take that chance.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Here is the pertinent part of the chat mentioned above:

Q: Brian, Suamico WI - What's the situation with Taylor Green? Is he on the list of PTBNL in the K-rod deal? Sure would have been nice to bring him up. We're 4 months into the season, and I don't have any faith in Casey hitting any better than .230 with an occasional big hit mixed in the rest of the way.

A: Tom Haudricourt - Taylor Green is not on the K-Rod list. But the Brewers don't want to bring him up and put him on the bench. McGehee has been swinging the bat better and they're going to stick with him.

Q: Tom, Milwaukee - Tom, any guesses as to what minor league players might be on the list for the Mets in the K-Rod trade? I would hate to see Taylor Green go without seeing if he could be our 3B of the future!

A: Tom Haudricourt - Taylor Green is not on the K-Rod list. I was told medium prospects at the best.

I hope he knows that for sure and is not just guessing based on the fact that its supposed to be a "medium" prospect. With all due respect to Tom H. I trust certain people on here a lot more than I trust him.

Archived