Brewer Fanatic

K-Rod (and cash) acquired; The cost? LH reliever Daniel Ray Herrera and low-A RHP Adrian Rosario

AJAY
Because Gamel should ...... Plus, what harm would it really do, even if all he did was sit on the bench?
I reckon the salary to bring up a player from the minors for a month is $75,000 and including all the other stuff, travel, etc. equals around $100,000. Which in and of itself is not petty cash. Plus I'm not sure about the intricacies of an injury and how that would potentially affect pay and costs long-term, if at all.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have two problems with your rather condescending and smug take on this discussion. . . .

. . . . If you had sufficient wisdom and insight to render that level of genuine uncertainty "humorous" and "frustrating," good for you.

Your presumption of my tone and my frame of mind are just that - presumptions - and on both counts you're incorrect. However, especially given your accusation, I find it interesting that the words you've chosen can easily be taken in the exact same way.

I don't have time to dig through close to two months' worth of JSOnline articles, blogs, & chats to find the quotes, but I can safely say I read statements by TH in at least two places that made it pretty clear that the two PTBNL going to the Mets would not be "players of consequence" (my paraphrase). For as thoroughly well-read & aware that so many posters are on this site, I found it odd (a combination of both "humorous" and "frustrating") to keep seeing posts about folks' fears that Green, McClendon, etc. were the types of players going to the Mets when it seemed pretty clear that the Mets were going to get minor league "roster fillers" -- which Rosario & Herrera pretty much are, and which Green, McClendon, etc. are not.

Actually, I made no presumption about your state of mind, and I made a judgment -- not a presumption -- about your tone. In light of your continued insistence on insulting a large group of participants in a discussion, with a tenacity that stands in sharp contrast to your conceded indifference to supporting or substantiating your position ("I don't have time" to back up a slam on a big group of people? Really?), I'm very comfortable with that judgment.

Archived