Brewer Fanatic

K-Rod (and cash) acquired; The cost? LH reliever Daniel Ray Herrera and low-A RHP Adrian Rosario

AJAY

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i hope this doesn't mean that we are standing pat at ss. unless of course krod has been brought in to play short.
LOL. Axford, K-Rod, Saito, Hawkins, Loe, Braddock, (long man, currently Estrada but interchangeable in my mind) isn't too bad going forward. It would be nice to upgrade at SS or on the bench, but hey, we'll take what we can get.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Why trade for a BP arm when SS is a much more pressing need? We can get by with the BP. We cannot get by with a replacement level player at SS.

Don't like it unless Doug M has something up his sleeve to replace Yuni B.

Also, I guess the new Mets owner really is a Brewers fan.

Total cost to the Brewers: $5 Million minus the cash received.

He will undoubtedly be a setup guy because (a) Axford is entrenched and (b) K-Rod gets $17 Million in 2012 if he finishes 55 games in 2011. The Brewers won't let this happen, and K-Rod has got to know that nobody would let this happen so he should just enjoy the ride.

If KRod pitches in 55 games his option for next season becomes guaranteed at $17.5 million. Which means the Brewers are getting 20 appearances about him (plus hopefully some playoff performances), because he's already been in 34

Uh...what about the fact he is already 62 percent of the way toward guaranteeing his $17.5 million vesting option for 2012 (he needs 55 games finished, and he has 34 at the All-Star break)?

Do we pull a JJ Hardy and make sure he doesn't get there? His agent is Boras so I'm sure we're not going to get a team-friendly discount.

Wonder what we had to give up to get him.

Didn't he recently say he doesn't want to go somewhere and be a set up man?

No, he said he would be fine going somewhere to be a SU man. He understands that's the role that he's going to have.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

No major prospects given up I hear from sources. Mets may have choice of a between a few guys at end of season that more middling. Thornburg is NOT involved with this deal. Cash was main reason this deal got done.

Next up is to replace Betancourt with an average guy and then go from there.

Archived