Brewer Fanatic

Hunter Morris

- Good to very good power.

- A free/aggressive swinger. Decent eye at the plate, so the ability to take more walks is there. But will he ever be more patient?

- Will hit for decent average, but is probably not a .297-type hitter with regularity at the big league level.

- Defense is a work in progress. Won't be better than average at best.

I'm not sold on him personally, but if you believe in his power, he has the chance to be a decent big league 1B.

I'm not sold on him personally, but if you believe in his power, he has the chance to be a decent big league 1B.
I'm with you, I don't quite buy into him yet. For all the hitting he's done, he's only carrying a .317 OBP. That's just no where near good enough at a position where you'd like to have a guy who can anchor the middle of your lineup. For example, to follow up with the OP's comparison to Fielder....Prince is on pace for 687 PAs, and at his current rates, would end up with:

104 BB / 102 K

If we push Morris out to that many PAs and have him maintain current rates:

28 BB / 110 K

Huge difference. That has to improve for him to be a legit big league first baseman, in my opinion.

Archived