Brewer Fanatic

If you caught a famous ball, what would you do?

paul253

the first thing that struck me, too, was the taxes i'd have to pay on any of the gifts the team would give me for the ball. i met a guy once who won a ton of money on Wheel of Fortune. that show has advisors there for the winners, who strongly advised him not to accept the trips he'd won because the taxes on those would have been incredible.

even $10,000 would end a lot of stress for me for a lot of years, though i'd happily take less money if it meant the ball going to the player or to the HOF instead of some collector who wouldn't let it see the light of day. doesn't Charlie Sheen own the contract that sold Babe Ruth to the Yankees? none of us will ever get to look at that.

i wouldn't feel too guilty asking a player who earns Braun's money to chip in a bit to get the ball back. the player has to hire a slightly-cheaper personal chef but i might get to buy living room furniture that wasn't lawn chairs--and i'd get to have a living room!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived