Brewer Fanatic

Memories of 2008 Phils playoff/Man, I miss Jim Powell

I was listening to a few innings of the radio broadcast of the Braves/Phils game today and Jim Powell was in his usual awesome form. Some of his comments that were of interest

1. Brewer fans were pelted with batteries by Phillies fans that they willingly sat in a bus coach for several innings in lieu of withstanding the abuse of Phillies fans....Any personal recollections of this?

2. When discussing the last time Pirates were relevant (1992) Sid Bream's slide was brought up in which Barry Bonds refused to move up in the outfield, in fact giving Andy Van Slyke the finger right before the hit.

3. Powell HATES Bonds, calling the poor throw to home "the only good thing Bonds ever did on the baseball field as far as I'm concerned"

no, I think it's from sitting next to Uecker for 12 seasons that'll do it to ya. There's a cough button for a reason, folks, and it ain't for coughin'!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived