Brewer Fanatic

Top 10 Uecker calls

ilovebeer

Hearing Uecker call last night was epic, and it got me thinking what are his best calls. My top 10 are Braun's homerun vs the scubs 2008 2. Robin's 3000 hit. 3. Braun's walkoff grand slam 4. Easter Sunday 5. Juan Nieves no hitter 6. Last night 7. Sixto's walkoff grand slam opening day 1980 8. Richie Sexson game winnign homerun openin day of Miller Park 9. Triple play 2009 vs Giants 10.. Fielders walkoff last week of 2008.

Surhoff's game-winning bunt basehit vs. the Yankees in '87

Tom Brunansky's game-winning HR vs. the Twins in '88 or '89
Surhoff's game-winning grand slam the 2nd game of the season in '90 - probably the most berserk I've heard Uecker go.
Gantner's game-winning home run in '92 in the first game of a doubleheader - Ueck called Gantner "Babe" the entire 2nd game.
Eddie Perez's walkoff homer in the early 2000's

Anyone have a link to last night's call? I haven't heard it yet.
Go to the game article on the JSOnline. The audio wrapup will be on the left. I've found that clicking on the archives and then downloading as an mp3 works well, since I can skip to the good parts.

EDIT: http://media.jsonline.com...io/7-08-11+Game+Wrap.mp3

Good stuff. Thanks!
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

• 6 months later...
As a side to this:

Does anyone know how to download any of these as a ringtone to your iPhone?

Can your iphone play any mp3 as a ring tone? If you have editing skills, (pretty easy to figure out, using audacity), you can cut the clip down to size, add it to your itunes library, and then put it on your iphone for easy access.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

As a side to this:

Does anyone know how to download any of these as a ringtone to your iPhone?

Can your iphone play any mp3 as a ring tone? If you have editing skills, (pretty easy to figure out, using audacity), you can cut the clip down to size, add it to your itunes library, and then put it on your iphone for easy access.

I don't think so. I went to PhoneZoo and it sent me the Braun 2008 HR ringtone as a text and I couldn't save it. I was hoping someone knew a trick on the iPhone. Android was no problem.

Start iTunes and find the song you want to convert. (It must be an MP3.)

Right-click the song and choose Get Info.

Click the Options tab.

Check the Start Time and Stop Time boxes, then enter times for each (no more than 30 seconds apart, the maximum length for a ringtone). I used 0:00 and 0:30, respectively, as "Spit It Out" has a perfect ascending lead-in.

Click OK, then right-click the song again and choose Create AAC Version. You should immediately see a new 30-second version of the song.

Drag that version out of iTunes and into the folder of your choice.

Delete the 30-second version from iTunes and undo the Start Time/Stop Time changes to the original.

Open the folder containing the 30-second AAC file you dragged out of iTunes, then change the file extension from .m4a to .m4r. Double-click it and it immediately gets added to iTunes' ringtone library.

Finally, sync your iPhone. When it's done, you can head into the settings and select your new ringtone.

This is old, but I think it still works.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived